Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Randy Moss now available on Red Box

Default Randy Moss now available on Red Box

I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this yet.

Here are the questions:

Does Childress get fired mid-season or do they wait for the end?

Where does Moss end up?

I say if he gets claimed off waivers it will either be by: Jacksonville, Tennesee, Houston, St. Louis, Washington, or Tampa Bay. All teams that could make a push for the playoffs and could use another receiver.

Him on Jacksonville keeps defenses honest and prevents them from stacking the box on MJD.

If Kenny Britt's injury is as serious as Fisher is making it sound, they will need Moss or it will revert to teams just stacking on CJ2K like they were in the first 4 games.

If he clears waivers, I bet he goes back to New England. He knows the system and Bellicheck may feel he's learned his lesson. Also I think Bellicheck would lol about getting a draft pick and getting the player back for a fraction of the cost.

What will Moss's fantasy production be for the rest of the year?

I can't see him being anything better than a flex or a 3rd WR option for the rest of the year. It's hard to tell if he's lost a step since he rarely gives 100%, but he has been a bust to this point and if he goes to a team other than NE I can't see him adjusting to their system and being relevant in the timeframe of fantasy leagues.

I'm no Patriots fan, but I would LOVE to see Randy Moss clear waivers and end up back in New England, if just for this sports ticker:

NE Patriots trade Randy Moss (WR) to MINN Vikings for 3rd Round Pick and Randy Moss (WR).
    The artist formely known as Keion

Childress is a goner. Not sure WTF is going on with this train wreck of a team.

I think there will be a push by the Wilfs to get Cowher.

Oldschool NC

If he goes back to New England there will be and should be an investigation. I suspect Vikings may get 3 rd pick back as they will claim the move on NE part to be deliberate.

He wont go back to New England... they got rid of him because of his shenanigans... they just didn't make that public. He was already replaced by Branch, who New England used a 4th round pick to get from Seattle. He crossed Belichick one to many times, which was probably only twice, and was told to GTFO. The only difference is that they got something in return to show for it.

After hearing a bit more on the radio this morning about this situation, I actually agree with getting rid of Moss at this point, based on his performance the past couple games and his ridiculous statements to the press. He completely made an ass of himself, and he gave zero effort on the field during the New England game.

Did everyone forget why Moss was sent packing from here in the first place? He pretended to pull his pants down to the crowd, then walked off of the field in the middle of the game. He is a psychotic ego maniac.

So, I really don't blame Childress for releasing him. What I do blame him for, and the whole organization for, is using a draft pick to bring him here in the first place when they clearly did not have a plan for dealing with him. You should know what you are getting when you get a guy like that, and you have to be prepared to MANAGE the situation in a way that results in him performing on the field. He is without a doubt one of the most talented players in the league, but only when he wants to be. Childress did not have a plan to get him to perform on the field. Belichick was able to do that with him.

Whatever, I hope Moss ends up on the 0-7 Bills... he will be sooo happy there. As for whether Childress should get fired, I think that depends on what happens through the rest of the season, or at least through the next couple games. If they go 8-1 and make it to the playoffs, which I highly doubt, he won't be going anywhere. But if they finish 8-8 or 7-9 like I think they will, he will be out of here and this whole organization and player base will undergo some massive modification. Also, if they loose to Arizona this weekend, I think he is definitely gone.
    Last edited by Ender; 11-02-2010 at 03:44 PM.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    He is a psychotic ego maniac.

So, I really don't blame Childress for releasing him. What I do blame him for, and the whole organization for, is using a draft pick to bring him here in the first place when they clearly did not have a plan for dealing with him. You should know what you are getting when you get a guy like that, and you have to be prepared to MANAGE the situation in a way that results in him performing on the field. He is without a doubt one of the most talented players in the league, but only when he wants to be. Childress did not have a plan to get him to perform on the field. Belichick was able to do that with him.
    Yep, but what I don't get is any suggestion that Chili gets a pass on this.. Moss is the same crazy wasted talent mouthy douche nozzle, a "psychotic ego maniac", (lol) last Sunday in N.E. that he was a month ago.... He's the coach... So coach, or gtfo.... "I'm sorry Brad... Did you think it would be easy?" Releasing him is a weasel move.. Just a distraction from who's really "responsible" for a waste of money and a draft pick..

Vikes are now known for not one, but the TWO! biggest joke trades in NFL history... Way to go Brad.... lol

Childress got rid of Moss because Moss called him out. Without saying it directly, Moss basically told the world what (most) Vikings fans already knew - Childress is an asshat of a coach. Childress has a god complex about him that is based on his own delusions. Bill Belichick can have that because, whether you hate him or love him, you cannot deny he is one of the single best coaches in sports, yes sports, history.

Moss's interview basically sums up the exact reason why the Vikings continue to plow along the same road they have all season - the attitude of the coach when they lose is "Aww, tough luck guys, we'll get'em next week!" In New England, you lose, you'll be hearing Belichick in your sleep and that is the motivation to not lose. Childress couldn't motivate a group of 7 year olds, let alone grown men. They might as well just fire him now because the season is already a total loss.

I would not be surprised if Moss ends up with the Cowboys. Jerry Jones's biggest regret of the last 20 years is not drafting Moss and with the way the season is going, they need something to spark interest in Dallas. The Bills will not pick him up after the T.O. experience last year and Carolina has bigger problems than a WR. Dallas is 3rd in line...
    Last edited by Dath; 11-03-2010 at 09:49 AM.

Jerry Jones has already said he has no intention of signing Moss. Unless Moss can play QB or RB they have no room for him.

Also to start another debate, I don't think you can call Bellicheck the best coach in all of sports in history. There are too many in the conversation and too many different nuances between sports. Is he one of the best? No doubt.

Phil Jackson, Red Aurbach, Casey Stengel, Don Shula, Tom Landry, etc. You could go on and on.