Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » 4x4 Forums » Offroad Discussion » FJ Concept Vehicle (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: FJ Concept Vehicle
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow nice. A collector color. But this is only Canada so who knows.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you really think they would diversify the N.A. market that much? I bet we get the same. Mabey not the TPMS as standard, the Canadian guys said they're required in CAN by 2009 or something..

I'm not familiar with what exactly they do, but it sounds like a headache if you want to run tires with low pressure for offroad.

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's required on US cars too but just like emissions only a certain percentage of each manufactures vehicles need them.

Michelles Solara has the damn thing on it. It's not really a separate system - it just uses the ABS wheel sensors to detect wheel spin variations. Then the light comes on and you need to reset it after you fill your tire. It has been fairly accurate so far on her car.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But what would it do if you air down for the day? Will it give you some constant idiot light/alarm till you air back up? Like when I dont have my seatbelt on in the 80... Thats the only downside I would forsee...
Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Yeah, it would suck for offroading. Probably a hack to unplug the bulb or something because it would blink all day.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Not sure if I want this or a full rack with air dam.

-

http://www.trdsource.com/toyota.asp

Jomama
Member # 56

$699 for that.... [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [lame]

pfft.. personally I'd save up a little more and get a gobi or arb. Or even that wilderness basket/w air dam that fits to the stock rack that I posted already... Thats a total ripoff.. and I'd be skeptical of the quality of the light.

Jomama
Member # 56

Lol.. nice... sticker on the airdam...

-

Arn't the airdams supposed to reduce drag and windnoise [Confused]

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/29123-first-air-dam-portland-pic s.html

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

It's $600 and comes with the wiring harness, switches, and the lights are hella I think. But I agree if I spend that kind of money I think I would go with the Gobi Stealth.

-

You see this silly box from Tuffy:

-

Jomama
Member # 56

I still think its overpriced, wiring and switches and lamps, and a big hunk of plastic. Better be some nice, high end lamps....

Actually I kinda like the box idea, as long as you have an easy way to reach it... Basically copying the stock Xterra box/rack..

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

It would be decent but I guess it sticks up over the top of the rack. I do like the Tuffy rear drawer but not sure I really need/want one.
Jomama
Member # 56

I'm not a fan of the look... reminds me of the original concept roof rack.. But allpro has some cool ideas going with the modular rack.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=160743

-

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Yuck. And I think All Pro fucked Mike over on some parts like 7 years ago - so I am not a fan of their stuff.
Jomama
Member # 56

woot... Spyreport: Removable Hardtop FJ to be shown at SEMA...

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/automotive_news/4219414.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/17/sema-preview-toyota-to-unveil-2009-corolla-heavy-duty-tundra-a/

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vert FJ...meh....im more excited about a diesel tundra!!! Hopefully a fuel miser turbo variety.
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

quote:
Originally posted by RockLobster:
Vert FJ..

Vert? Bunny w/pancake... no idea what a vert is...

I'm meh on the Tundra cause I've already done the full sized diesel pickup thing, and while it has its plus's, I'd never have one as a DD again.. Just not practical.. Not the kind of diesel I'm looking for.. Bring on the mid sized D's...

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vert = ConVERTible

I want a diesil tundra because i want to tow racecars and will be for the forseeable futre, allong with tools and tires etc etc...

I would imagine i will keep the FJ and be driving our old integra as a daily driver and once the payments are gone for the FJ, i will be getting a trailer and another tundra to tow it.

Because of where my hobbies are at now i wish i would have kept my tundra. But i do love my FJ.

[ 07-20-2007, 10:24: Message edited by: RockLobster ]

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Ah.. Just not thinking "convertable"... I never refered to my 40 as one either...

You know the article is about a toyota designed removable Hardtop right?
Not that fugly ass convertible custom job that they link for whatever reason (and all the idiots of the forums link every time the subject comes up...)

There is one report that its not a full removable hardtop, but like a 4runner/amigo/blazer 3/4 length removable top from the front seats back..

I'm not knocking a diesel tundra, but I want to see the USA to get away from the ridiculous paradigm that "diesels are for towing".. They have way more application than that..

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

I agree, diesel is a great engine for all applications when done right, with turbochargers for economy as much as additional power. Additional fuel millage alone is worth it moving into the future. Not to mention the possibility of biofuels (not from corn).

Turbo's on diesels are such a beautiful thing becuase they get around the whole fear of preignition. Being that is the idea. [Wink]

I realize we are probably talking about a 1st gen 4-runner style top for the FJ. It would be neat. And i agree the rag top hack jobs are GHEY.

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

I wonder if the 40s were listed at a convertible under "body type" for DMV registrations?

I know my samurai was, but it is possible they defined hard tops differently than rag tops or something.

I would bet they were though.. [Wink]

Jomama
Member # 56

I dont remember anything on title or reg to indicate that it had a removable top, and I had it registered & titled in both MN and Utah..
Jomama
Member # 56

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7900

This is a bit disheartening...

If you read beyond the first page, there are posts that indicate that its happened to unmodified vehicles, as well as trail team vehicles... Body is cracking near the firewall, may be due to excessive frame flexing, body mounts.... who knows... Keep an eye out for it tho.. Seems like the kind of place that once cracked could be the source of rust issues..

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Not surprised the body flexes like crazy.
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Interesting.

I was expecting first year stuff to pop up on this truck. I had wondered why they chose to do a "two year" run on the 07 model year. I think they decided to really test them and improve everything they could for the 08s or 09s whatever it ends up being.

Hopefully they will fix this with a recal or TSB.

Jomama
Member # 56

New FJ Convertable concept.... and not the hideous aftermarket one....

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/30/sema-2007-fj-cruiser-convertible/

-

Jomama
Member # 56

quote:
TRD Supercharger Now Available For Toyota FJ Cruiser And Tacoma
10/30/2007

Toyota Racing Development (TRD) today announced that a TRD supercharger for the Toyota FJ Cruiser sport utility vehicle (SUV) and Tacoma pickup truck equipped with 4.0-liter V6 engines is now available through Toyota dealerships.

The TRD supercharger will increase both engines' output up to 304-horsepower from the original horsepower (236-hp for Tacoma, 239-hp for FJ Cruiser), while increasing the torque output up to 334 foot-pounds. Both horsepower and torque ratings are SAE net.

This all-new TRD supercharger is compatible on all 2005 through 2008 model year Toyota Tacoma trucks, and 2007 and 2008 model year FJ Cruiser SUV. This supercharger system features Eaton roots-type rotating components in a one-piece integral manifold, iridium spark plugs, and a five-rib serpentine drive belt system. In addition it produces six to eight pounds of boost pressure per square inch.

The supercharger, when installed by an authorized Scion or Toyota dealer, has the same warranty as powertrain, five years or 60,000 miles, or the balance of the new car warranty, whichever is greater. When not installed by an authorized dealer, the supercharger is covered by a 12-month, 12,000-mile parts-only warranty.

The manufacturer's suggested retail price of the TRD supercharger is $4,500, not including installation.

http://pressroom.toyota.com/search?st=kw&criteria=MY08+FJCruiser
Jomama
Member # 56

Some top down pics..

-

-

Notice it "appears" that the rear suicide door window rolls down on this...

See the mud thread for some comments from people who are at SEMA and talked to the reps of this truck.
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=185536

Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a good looking truck, are the doing any mechanical work, or is this all cosmetic?
Posts: 740 | From: Tranyland Pending | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005