Thread: Louis CK on ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thats so cool, I really like the way his mind works, and how in tune he seems to be with peoples motivations... Great experiment to show that the "piracy" problem (yar!!) is not as simple as people just stealing anything they can.. Great spot on O&A this week, glad he finally released the numbers..

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    Thats so cool, I really like the way his mind works, and how in tune he seems to be with peoples motivations... Great experiment to show that the "piracy" problem (yar!!) is not as simple as people just stealing anything they can.. Great spot on O&A this week, glad he finally released the numbers..
    I agree, not only is the guy hilarious but he's really impressive with his awareness of shit.

The big takeaway I had from watching that HBO comics sitdown (Klauso is that posted here?) was that Seinfeld (yawn), Chris Rock (who said 2 relevant things the whole time), Gervais (who just laughed like a hyena and tried to be overly intelligent with his use of the word "ironic") and Louie, was how he had no qualms whatsoever about saying that he writes new material every single year because that's what people want to see, and it encourages people to come back and see him again and again. Seinfeld said he's been using the same shit for 10 years and acted so superior and arrogant that Rock and Gervais didn't balk at it at all but Louie unflinchingly contradicted Seinfeld because he so firmly believes that he's right, and knows exactly what people want to see.

Anyway, guy impresses the hell out of me...I gotta start watching more of his shit.
    Boondock

Louis CK was a guest on a 2-part podcast called The BS Report with Bill Simmons. Kind of interesting because the BS report is a podcast usually about sports in some fashion, but also about nonsense every once in a while. It's a really good podcast, I recommend listening to it. My personal favorite is every Monday they do a show where two guys play a game where they try to guess the lines for the following week's NFL games. They also discuss the games from the week before and other stuff. For anyone who ever listened to Mike & The Mad Dog, they do a spot on impression sometimes that is hilarious.

The link is here: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=bsreport
    You can also search BS Report on iTunes.