Thread: iPad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Yes, it has flaws, but I'm looking at it as this "in-between" machine. Yes, it's just a big iPhone, but I WANT a big iPhone! I'd like to buy the 64gb, 3G model when it comes out in, what June? We'll see...
    I agree for an eReader this is definitely in the deluxe category. I still think for the 64gb with 3G you are looking at $900 at least and $30 a month.... A tablet laptop would be cheaper and include a keyboard (with USB hookups!).

Funny I actually read in a review that the iPad is gonna kill flash by not including it..... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    ...with USB hookups!...
    The whole "dongle" system is ridiculous. Dongle for USB, dongle for power...ugh. Why didn't they build in a kickstand? That was stupid as well... And to not to have included an HDMI output on this thing? WTF! As far as keyboards go I'd just get a bluetooth one and use that.

I know that's pricey, but for me, if it pacifies my 2-3 year old(s) on a 5 hour flight and I don't have to mess with lugging a DVD player, discs, adapters, etc, it'll be a worthwile investment.

Again, I still loathe the idea of having 4 different dongles, but I'm sure we'll see significant improvements in iPad 2 and iPad 3, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Funny I actually read in a review that the iPad is gonna kill flash by not including it..... lol
    I still don't understand why both sides haven't figured this out...it's a win/win! The only people losing is the consumer because we can't use flash websites/games. Stupid.