Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Lost - The Final Season

Sith Sayed.... And I think it will be Desmond that replaces Jacob. He is already driving around and being all creepy like Jacob in the flash sideways.

Saw this on Twitter:
    Cokelogic
    Dammit, you're right! RT @DonaldJr: Christian CANT be smokey, Christian was in the cabin surrounded by ash since season 3...

I cant believe they put Marsellus Wallace's briefcase in a cave an called it good...

/facepalm

Tick tock, Ther is what, 4 and a half hours left of it? Its amazing, shit just kill every last one off before the end, it makes it simpler, to explain, although Marsellus Wallace's brifecase does explain a lot of it.

Thats it, I call, bull shit. Fucking gay ass ending. I want all six seasons of my life back thanks. bye

I didn't hate it I didn't love it. Definitely, a powerful final episode even if it didn't wrap every question up.

I loved the Jimmy Kimmel alternate endings. The sopranos one had me rolling.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,124,0" width="344" height="278" id="ABCESNWID">

I will have to youtube the kimmel stuff, as 9:00-10:00 is my bedtime. So everyone is dead, at different times yada yada yada. The flash sideways was the "afterlife?" and tha=ey all met up again. They never explained what the "temple" island deal was, minus the magical cave in the middle and the white/black racial undertones. I just want answers know, WTF, I watched the pre game, and they didn't answer shit either. Fuck them all, Fuck ABC, Fuck the island, and Fuck Lost!!!!!!!!

( Click to show/hide )

From blog.joeldelane.com

Lost explained

It’s all over! How will we go on? Is their life after Lost? These are all questions I posed to myself as it hit 7.15am and I crept away from my sofa on this early Monday morning. Firstly i’d like to say thank you Sky One for having the decency of showing the finale at the same time as the US, for this all the spoilers were evaded and internet silence was not needed.

There are many fans out there that’ll be pissed off, confused, or totally messed up how they saw the finale. I’m gonna try and break it down for you very simply in my own way. There are mainly a few huge moments in the 2hr 15mins of the finale. We find out that the alternate timeline was actually the Losties own personal purgatory, when their lives were over on the island in the main timeline, their consciousnesses found this place created where all was good, the alternative timeline. But it was down to them to all come together and only then could they all cross over together.

A few small notes which you may have noticed. Firstly Jack’s son, David, only existed inside the alternative timeline as Jack created him as he always wanted to treat a son better than his father treated him. I think Ben didn’t go inside the church because he wasn’t ready to cross over, of felt that for all his wrong doings he didn’t deserve to join his fellow Losties in their crossing. This along with the non-existent Walt were the only kop-outs for me in the show. Michael Emerson was by far the best actor in the series, but his character ran its course towards the end. I was hoping for more. Mrs. Hawking, (Daniel Faraday’s mum) figured out the entire purgatory situation, but wasn’t ready to lose her son again as she was the one that shot his in the main timeline, hence telling them not to take him. The main reason why we didn’t see Miles, Richard, Lapidus, Anna Lucia, Daniel, Michael, Walt, etc. in the church was because they weren’t ready. They were not essential in the end. It was only for the core characters to learn their fate and take the next step.

Kate and Sawyer, Lapidus, Miles and Mr Guyliner (Richard) got back to the real world in the main timeline. Hurley and Ben go on to protect the island. Obviously their lives have run their course, as Hurley states you were a great no.2 to Ben and visa versa to Hurley. There is no need for further inquest into what happened to the other losties as Christian Shephard told us just how it is. Everything you saw on the Island DID happen. Their escape, their return and the time travel.

The whole show culminates in the main theory that all of our losties who had personal issues in their lives had to learn to ‘Let Go’ to move on to the next life. But the had to do it together. A whole new meaning to live together, die alone. Obviously what the Lost writers are trying to tell us is. No one every really dies all.

So, yes, there will be hundred of unanswered questions. What on earth was the smoke monster? Who actually were Jacob and his brother? What on earth was the man in blacks name? And for fucks sake what had the four toed statue got to do with anything? These are all questions we have to answer in our own stories which in my eyes makes the show live on in a way that no other show can. It was a magical experience that those like me who have watched since the pilot and stuck with have been privileged to experience.

Thank you to the Lost writers, JJ Abrams, Carlton Cuse, Damon Lindeloff, Jay & Jack, The Transmission and all the other lost communities out there for making this experience even better than we can have imagined.

My take, it was ok... IMO the source/justification for leaving all the loose ends seemed to be stated at the beginning of the recap by the writers.

They said something along the lines of "well all along, this show has been about the characters, and the choices they made...."

Really? Do others agree?

I mean, absolutely, the characters and writing were great, and made the show watchable, but if the same cast and backstories were told with all these people in some random neighborhood, just living life like normal... nobody would be watching that...

imo the strength of the characters and the backstories are what allowed a show about time-travel, numbers, fate/free-will, mysticism and all that weird shit to do as well as Lost did... Thats what made it unique.... They wound together something totally different and off the wall, unlike anything that had been on TV before, and it survived because they supported it with good, believable characters... They took it seriously, and it showed...

Honestly, that should be the lesson learned here for other show creators... Good characters and writing can support just about any plot-line.... But at the conclusion the plot deserves some respect too...

I know what they (the writers) are saying, but I think they are underestimating how interesting all the crazy plot points were, and how much people would like more depth to them...

It suffered the same ending as BSG imo... "Everything is not what its seemed to be...." is kinda the trick ending that lets them leave the loose strings... Granted, explaining everything tends to ruin some things.. it takes the mystery out of it...

I think part of the drastic change between seasons 1-3 and 4-6 was the reduced involvement of JJ Abrams... I wouldn't be surprised to read he was responsible for all the wierd shit that went unanswered.

First thing I thought of was BSG. I hated that ending.

I agree with you Joe - I liked the island based mysteries over the human stories. In the end I think there were a ton of questions un-answered having to do with the island. I am really glad it wasn't a "everyone died in the initial crash" ending but more answers about the island would have been nice.