Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield Bad Company 2

Thats why I use steam.

fwiw, lol

In BF1942(+desert combat mod) having a joystick for flying was a must.
    In BF2 it was a lot better than flying with the mouse.
    In BF 2142 it was fairly easy to fly with the mouse, but controls were better with joystick.
    In BF Heroes its just another way of controlling the plane.
    In BFBC2 its impossible to use a joystick, due to bugs. Instead flying with the mouse is easy as pie...

I don't really like this trend, because the feeling of a plane and a chopper is completely lost when using a mouse.

Flying in BFBC2 is easy.. heres a few tips:
    Remember to set the vertical invert to something you find natural, and remember that the real chopper does not handle anything like the UAV.

Remember that choppers move slowly. Only use small mouse movements.

To turn a chopper you use A and D. The mouse is used only to stabilize the turn.

Go to an empty server and practice for 10 mins. After that you'll be flying in no time. http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1209970

Really? Flying with a mouse.... seems dumb if you have a joystick.

I'm having the same problems you did Klauso. Except I already had the short-cut on my desktop. It runs that update everytime I open the game, only "Play Now" is giving me the same response when I try to play.

I'm not having any probs with the browser since they made it display only 100 servers instead of 500 per refresh. I guess I don't trust "PLay Now" to not put me on a server with only 5 people playing.

I have never successfully got Play Now to work.... In MW2 it works (your only choice) great. I just wish after 10 years of having servers with reserved slots that the browser would know a server is full. 30/32 or 28/32 is always a full server with open reserved slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    I just wish after 10 years of having servers with reserved slots that the browser would know a server is full. 30/32 or 28/32 is always a full server with open reserved slots.

Yeah, I know nothing of how it all works but I don't get that part either, you would think the "code" for a server browser would be somewhat standardized by now, yet every release seems to be subject to bugs in aspects that all games share...

I bet its 99% human error & just the difficulty of proofreading lots of code??

Nice playing with you Sat night Joe... But can I request a non-hardcore server next time. I have never played so poorly in my life - like 2/20 on a map. Trying to get my k/d ratio up not down. One of my objectives on every map (I know it's lame) is to noob tube 4 people for the explosives pin and grenade pin (200pts) and in HC mode I can't aim the tube for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    But can I request a non-hardcore server next time.
    Of course, its not like I pick them on purpose, there is no way to tell from the server browser afaik... If I get a server thats balanced and not laggy I just tend to stick it out for a bit..

Some of the HC stuff I like, for one, its not so hard to kill people if you're not a headshot master.... but some of it is just retarded, I got the MG36, which has a built in red-dot scope.. on HC they lose the red-dot from the red dot.. its one thing to lose the artificial cross-hairs but thats stupid.

Started playing medic last night...... pretty easy class with 100 round clips. Now I know why everyone is a medic.