Nothing else really noticeable, except for a few icon changes.

The battery life is definitely improved though. I was up fishing on Mille Lacs this weekend and had it with me in the boat. Before, when you would travel and go through low signal areas, the cell standby would eat the battery up very quickly. That is not the case anymore. I had it off the charger at about 5am Sat morning, and it did not die until 10-11pm that night. And I had used it a bit for web browsing and a couple phone calls in low service areas.

The biggest uses of the battery now are the display and simply making phone calls or web browsing. Cell standby is usually 3rd or 4th on the list depending on how long your phone is idle. Before, cell standby was 1st by a lot.

For minimizing the display usage, I went into brightness and noticed it was turned back up all the way. I had it turned down some before, but the system update must have defaulted it back to max brightness. There is now an automatic brightness setting though, and I am trying that out. I think it adjusts the brightness based on time of day and what you are doing, but I am not sure exactly how it works. I may just end up setting it to 50% brightness instead.

Of course, animations should be turned off, and the display should be set to turn off after no more than 30 seconds.