Thumbs up for the original "Let the Right One In"

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

October 1
Let Me In

• You can go see this movie right now if you get “Let The Right One In”, a Swedish film that has won about 50 international film awards. The story is about a 12 year old boy who develops a friendship with a girl, who turns out to be a vampire. The trailers I saw were freaky looking, and the movie looked very intense. Of course you have to be able to read subtitles since it’s not in English, but this “Let Me In” is the English language remake.
  • I’ve seen bloggers just gushing over how good “Let The Right One In” was, so it’s likely that this movie will do well, especially with how popular anything vampire is right now, but something about remaking a movie that’s already outstanding makes me wonder if it won’t be a runaway success like the original was. We’ll see…

I saw the original recently. Pretty damn good imo.. Higher production quality than I expected for a small film from Sweden. Some really good camera work, and limited use of FX and CGI really added to some suspense & creepyness... Boon is right, its very intense at times... And they used some cool, very subtle changes in the vampire girl's looks, to show thats she's actually very old, just in a little girls body, that came out absolutely fantastic on film..

I don't mind the subtitles, and imo, they will lame it up in the remake, or even worse... I bet the english version will "cute-sie" it up... barf... I bet they ruin it.....

Solid 4 of 5 stars. Available to stream on Netflix.