Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Smart phones

Nice work Facebook!

Hi folks, a number of you have commented on seeing a battery drain on your device since installing the new Facebook for Android app. We have identified the bug that is causing this battery drain and are working on a fix now. As soon as the patch is ready, we will push out an update. Thanks for the quick feedback and for your patience as we get this fixed!

I looked on the market and found Adobe Flash Showcase and downloaded it. But, I could not find the actual Flash 10.1 utility.

Are you sure you are upgraded to Android 2.2?

If so you can get it here - copy to phone - and install.

http://www.mediafire.com/?thgjj5ma2jn

Make sure you have the APP Astro (file explorer) installed and the check box in phone settings to allow for installation of non-marketplace apps checked.

Yes, I upgraded to 2.2.

I downloaded the file from your link. When I tap on it after it is downloaded to install it, it says "Replace Application: This is a system application. Do you still want to replace it?"

Does that mean that I already have the flash player?

I checked in the EVO forums and didn't see any posts about where to get flash - so that leads me to believe your 2.2 update already contains it. Goto the Adobe showcase app and follow the links to some flash sites to test.

Also I saw this info about 4G in MINNEAPOLIS. I guess it was turned on in many parts of the area yesterday. Try it out.

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/...nneapolis.html

Yeah it looks like I can already run the flash movies in the Adobe Flash Showcase. So I am guessing the Evo already had the flash utility.

They issued a fix for the 2.2 on the Evo too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

So since I've installed 2.2. on my phone, I've been experiencing a slew of issues.

- Advance Task Killer kills applications but they start right back up. I usually click task killer, it kills 10 or so applications, and then I lock the phone and set it to the side. If I then bring the phone back up, unlock it, and immediately hit the task killer, it kills another 10 applications. Wtf I didn't start any applications!

- Internet browser stores the website you're viewing. So even if I go back to my home screen, it the task killer, and go back in to the internet browser, the last page I was looking at is still on the page.

- If I lock my phone, then bring the screen back up within a minute or two, and slide the lock bar down, my actual lock pattern doesn't come up; it lets me right back in to the phone. It takes about 5 minutes (I think) for you screen lock to actually activate. I think this was meant as a convenience thing for people who were bitching about the fact that they constantly had to input their unlock pattern on the screen every time they turned the screen off/on. I want it to work the way it used to.

- IT DOESN'T FUCKING PRINT MONEY ANYMORE.

I know there's other things I've noticed about "Froyo" that's pissed me off, I just can't think of them right now.

On the bright side, I tried the 4G data connection out in Eden Prairie yesterday and it worked. Download speeds are through the roof with that connection. It'll definitely be nice once the rest of the Twin Cities gets it.

i am jealous of your 4g connection - Only another 18 months until Verizon gets it!

I would consider uninstalling your task killer for now. I have been running without for the last few months and I would say my phone has run better and had better battery life.

The lock screen time out can be set in the settings menu (at least on my phone). There is also a app that is a toggle switch for lock pattern/no lock/normal lock.

Last week I broke down and "rooted" my phone by using a app called easy root (that was later pulled from the market). It's a single button app that roots the phone giving you access to everything and super user permissions. Then I installed a root browser that allowed my to see all the files on the phone - I then deleted all the apps that came preinstalled on the phone. I hate all the processes that start up automatically.

I do think there is a fix for Froyo coming out for both the EVO and the Droid soon. On the up side have you tried any flash games or used the chrome to phone stuff yet?

I did use Chrome to Phone, that was pretty slick.

Haven't used any Flash games/videos, not really sure where to go.