Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Smart phones

Apple should just send out those bumper cases for free to everyone - problem solved. Requiring people to buy them is kinda insulting. The don't hold it that way answer is pretty lame considering everyone holds their phone that way.

I am 2 hrs since my last full charge and this is what I see (you can get to the battery screen from setting - about phone - battery use)

Wi Fi - 24%
    Voice Calls 16%
    Display 15%
    Cell Standby 15%
    Phone Idle 9%
    Android OS 7%
    Android System 5%
    Touchdown mail 5% (15 min sync)

I am at 90% battery.

Update 3pm (4 hours since last full charge)

Wifi 25%
    Display 20%
    Cell Standby 15%
    Phone Idle 10%
    Phone Calls 8%

Phone is at 85%

What I noticed on my phone is that if i have it at my desk at home, and its off the charger for a couple hours, the "Cell Stand-by" details window will show a line that says "Time Without Signal" and then show a percentage. At home, its at about 43% because my desk is in the sub level and the signal there sucks.

If the phone is constantly searching for a signal, then its going to get hot and use a lot of battery. I haven't traveled like Luke has lately, so I haven't been in areas other than our basement that haven't had signal. I think that's the problem Luke is experiencing.

I dunno, I'm not having any problems with my phone. I'm used to having to charge it often because I had to charge my previous phone every other day. I say the only reason the iPhone 4's batter life is better is because the iPhone is a mature product. The Evo, out of the box, has experienced very few issues at this point, so I find that worth noting. And I appreciate having a bigantic screen on my phone. Its fun.

NSFW Language but funny as .....

It fucking prints money. I don't care!! LOL

I just installed the update this morning, so we will see. Yesterday though, I took it off the charger at about 6am, and it was dead by 5pm (less than 12 hrs). I was on Lake Minnetonka fishing the whole day, so i doubt it was due to searching for signal all the time and that burning the battery. I only used it to make two calls and to download the update... thats it.

Hopefully there is some improvement with the update.

So far today though, it was off the charger at home at 6:30am, and currently at about 40%, so it doesn't seem to be doing much better with still very limited use.

Top two uses by far are still Cell Standby and Phone Idle.

OMFG hilarious Scott

God....Damn now my cat is homeless

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    So far today though, it was off the charger at home at 6:30am, and currently at about 40%, so it doesn't seem to be doing much better with still very limited use.

Top two uses by far are still Cell Standby and Phone Idle.

My friend at work did the same thing and didn't really see much difference in the battery life. He actually went to the store he bought it and they updated it and changed some settings to lower the power usage, he maybe gets 10 minutes more of talk time if that.

I was messing with him today when I saw him sending a text on his phone, I was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU'RE GONNA KILL YOUR BATTERY!"

I was looking at a teardown of the EVO a few days ago and the battery is actually 20% larger then the 3GS IPhone battery.

It seems like there has been a noticeable improvement to the Evo's battery life since the update a couple days ago. Yesterday I took it off of a full charge at noon after lunch. Since then, I have only had it on my car charger for 20 min while going to work. The battery is currently at about 1/4 power. Still, that is over 24 hrs with a short charge and light to moderate use. I also did some traveling north of the cities a bit for work today.

Before, it wouldnt last a day even with light use. That is some improvement, and this phone might actually be marginally usable now. My guess is that they can improve this even more... it seems to be something to do with how the phones system operates that eats battery unnecessarily. Hopefully there are more improvements to come.