Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Smart phones

I really liked it before an update broke the cracked version I was using. It really is the fastest text entry keyboard (hardware or software). You do need to force yourself to use it for awhile and not just be lazy and tap type. I still like the microphone button also on the standard keyboard - if you are alone its a really fast option.

We've always said the native Gmail app is one of the best parts of Android, and it just got even better: it now supports Priority Inbox, has a "show quoted text" button, and features a floating message actions toolbar like the browser-based mobile Gmail app. The bigger news, though, is that Google's releasing Gmail to Market directly, where it'll be a separate download that can be revved with new features independently of Android itself. That's a pretty great move, but if you're still waiting for Froyo you can't quite join this party yet -- the new app requires 2.2.

I just got the epic 4G the other day from sprint, haven't rooted it yet but I am loving it so far. Gonna have to readup a bit on the tricks to proloning the battery, but im guessing it will be easy since 60% of my usage was display so im doing something wrong. Other than that no complaints so far

That's a really nice phone - Hauser has it also. Should get Froyo in the near future too.

Google released a update to the actually Market for phones not on 2.2 yet. It allows you to update all apps at once etc. A really nice feature that was only in Froyo until now.

You Angry Birds fans are crazy! GetJar now has the popular game by Rovio for Android, but most folks have had trouble getting a copy of the game this morning. Our own editors here at IntoMobile seem to be having issues as well, and GetJar has addressed the issue on Twitter and is working on it.

According to the mega app store, over 90,000 downloads hit the servers within seconds, causing a huge strain. Naturally, things are a little hectic right now and it may be a while before you Android users are able to grab Angry Birds.

One thing to consider, however, is whether or not this would have happened if the game was made available over Android Market instead of GetJar. What do you think?

That's almost one of my favorite games on my phone

Hauser you should do this mod on your phone....

I find his excessive use of dragon punch a little outrageous.