Thread: Battlefield V

Default Battlefield V

Preordered.

EA announced that the Battlefield 5 release date would be October 19, although if you're an EA or Origin Access subscriber, you can begin playing the game eight days early on October 11.

Open Beta in September.

Open beta starting tonight. I pre loaded last night but haven't played yet. From gamplay clips it looks good. Vehicles and planes look great.

I refuse to give EA any more money after BF4 and SW:BG2. I don't like pay to win FPS games, and the capture point style game modes and fast respawns are kinda old.

The biggest criticism I have heard is that they carried over the SW:BG2 gun mod options, where you get like 10 attachments to put on a gun, which is pretty unrealistic. And of course, all of these attachments need to be earned through game time or purchases.

I played probably 5 hours this weekend. I love BF games and did enjoy it but yes you unlock as you play more. I wanted to try all the classes but ended up focusing on support (ammo carrier) and scout (sniper) because I wanted to unlock a couple guns. It's a slower game compared to Black Ops but I love large maps. I will say as much as I hate pay to win and the EA model - I got in late to BF1 and for $15 I was able to unlock all weapons and actually have fun.

Broke down last night and paid for one month of Origin Premier to get BF5 early. Picked assault and choose infantry focus mode (small maps limited tanks). Played for 2 hours and unlocked a couple guns. Maps are well designed and fun. I really like the interface and the ability to resurrect teammates as any class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played another 3 hours on Saturday night. Unlocked a couple new guns also. There is a weapon upgrade "skill tree" for each weapon that you get to pick as you use the weapon. So things like quicker aiming down sights or better hip fire accurate are in the tree. It looks like all the tanks/planes also have a skill tree you unlock as you get more kills etc. You can do quests (get 5 kills with a knife etc) to earn points that you spend on the skill unlocks. No pay to play from EA this time so you actually need to put in time to unlock your classes guns. I kinda like the option to spend $30 to unlock all guns..

assaultBFV1.jpg

Gun2.jpg
    Last edited by Klaus; 11-19-2018 at 04:11 PM.

First big update today. New map. New tanks and I think a tank only map. Vehicle combat is pretty fun in this game.

Firestorm patch out this week. 60 player battle royal. I played last night. It's fun but the looting is terrible. Tanks are around but they are pretty weak in solo and there is anti tank everywhere so it's not worth even driving one. The ring of fire is really a great effect but it's kinda loud and covers up footsteps. Just like COD I doubt this BR will get any traction due to the $50 price of the game (I see it's on sale a lot for $29). I think I still like the base game better but will play this a bunch.