Thread: Star Trek - Discovery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Star Trek - Discovery

Pleasantly surprised to be enjoying this series after the disappointment that Enterprise was (10 years ago wow). Set before TNG but they take a lot of liberties with technologies that shouldn't exist yet etc. Pretty dark story to begin the series. First two episodes are pretty much a prequel with the start of the war with the Klingons. Kinda has a BSG feel to it.

startrek0005.jpg

I would of given it a shot but I'm just not going to pay for cbs streaming service...

Yeah that would just be silly.

How did u see it then?

I read its set before TOS but after Enterprise...

One of the OIL guys has it on his Plex server. Are you familiar with plex?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah its installed on my desktop. I used to use it to stream to the PS3 & xbox but I haven't had a use for it since they shut down Kick Ass Torrents..

I bought a MyPassport wifi a year ago that is basically an external HD that also has wifi. It has a Plex server that runs on it and movies I have downloaded or ripped I put on there to view on my ipad. Plex has come a long way and is a really nice interface now for tablets and the windows 10 app. Boon and some of the other old OIL guys have large Plex servers they run that they can share content with people. I bought a 1 year plex pass thinking I could download others content for offline (cabin) viewing..... but it turns out the person hosting the server needs the Plexpass. If they have a pass others can download for offline viewing. ugg. Other negative is if the server doesn't have internet access (when I have my harddrive at the cabin) it won't work....

Anyway - I can give you my login info and you can login to Plex client and see all the shared content including ST.