Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlegrounds

Default Battlegrounds

A couple of guys from OIL have been playing "Battlegrounds" on Steam and I picked it up last night for $29.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/57...BATTLEGROUNDS/

The game is survival on an island with lots of guns. 100 players start each round and you play until there is 1 left. You earn credits for how well you place.

It's a lot like H1Z1 with notable differences. Lots of guns can be found in most buildings. As you play and more time goes on the area you must be inside of shrinks. This forces the game to move along and it's hard to camp because you must move to the area on the map or die.

You start in a plane and decide when to jump out as it flies over the island. If you jump right away you are over a city and it's a race to the ground to get inside a house and get a weapon. I would say 50% of the 100 players jump right away and it's a blood bath. I waited my first game and jumped over the county side. It took quite awhile to find a gun (lots of running) but I made it to 22nd place before I had to run to the zone where players where set up camping. I got 3 kills. The next 4 games I jumped earlier and died at 79th, 60th, and 85th (I suck). Interesting concept and you can join the game solo, coop, or squad (5 players).

Last edited by Klaus; 05-19-2017 at 08:15 AM.

Map

https://pubgmap.io/erangel.html#3/-92.38/137.00

Very enjoyable stream. A solo guy joins a 4 player team server.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138924989
    Last edited by Klaus; 05-19-2017 at 03:20 PM.

My only complaint is still how hard it is to identify targets, just something about the graphics that everything kinda blends in (and it doesn't help I had to crank my settings down just so I dont lag)... I feel like that was a big issue for me in H1N1... But I do like the tension that this level of realism creates, to the point that after one or two matches, i'm spent lol, its too stressful.

Man, incrementally getting better, then I get some guy square in a my sites at 20 feet away and I cant hit shit. Played with some fun characters (DickieGreenLeaf your friendly battlegrounds cab driver lol, he had a thick raspy Bronx accent and talked nonstop, it was hysterical...) last night and 3 of us put up a valiant fight against a larger group that tried to ambush us from behind as we left a group of buildings... I died after finishing off two wounded guys with a shotgun, there were still more in the attacking group that knocked me and a squadmate down from range.. Then they tried to sneak up on our last squadmate and he got them... Fun and tension all rolled into one..

This one made me laugh at the end.

lol i'm uninstalling

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    Man, incrementally getting better, then I get some guy square in a my sites at 20 feet away and I cant hit shit. Played with some fun characters (DickieGreenLeaf your friendly battlegrounds cab driver lol, he had a thick raspy Bronx accent and talked nonstop, it was hysterical...) last night and 3 of us put up a valiant fight against a larger group that tried to ambush us from behind as we left a group of buildings... I died after finishing off two wounded guys with a shotgun, there were still more in the attacking group that knocked me and a squadmate down from range.. Then they tried to sneak up on our last squadmate and he got them... Fun and tension all rolled into one..
    Funny the last two groups I have joined no one talked. Didn't stay together and we all just died super annoying.

Yeah, same, and it seems most just jump into the bigger towns and cities with everyone else. I mean, I get it, might as well fight early on and just get it over with and die so you can start another game if you dont come out on top, but I hate that pressure of having to find a gun so fast because there are enemies in the next building... When my team does this I make sure I go to the periphery of the city thats our landing zone and try to give myself some space and time.

I'd rather head off to some smaller cluster of buildings, way off the flight path of the drop plane. I didn't know till this weekend that looking straight up while pressing W will take u the farthest when u drop out of the plane, wasn't doing it right at first.

I make it into the top 20 consistently but that's only cause I'm sneaky. Basically I feel like I collect a bunch of awesome stuff for the winner to have at the end... lol

It was funny how long your avatar stayed in that game after you crashed. You were in the sidecar so I pulled into a warehouse to cover you and wait to see if you came back. Then the blue line started closing in again so I had to move.. We were flying across the map until i lost control and crashed, it instantly knocked me down to immobile, so I was going to die, but you basically dismounted into a standing position, but maintained the forward momentum we had on the motorcycle, so you went sliding off into the distance like you were on ice... lol I did a double take thinking you had come back...

I wonder what place I got