Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlegrounds

I have a hard time with the recoil on the AK and usually go for the M4 but I can see how a 5 shot burst with AKM would be a good thing to learn. I usually try for a UPM with all attachments (makes it a laser) and a SKS. That's my favorite. Going to try to mix in the M16 now.

Yeah I like the sks, and def go for the UMP, especially if I find a suppressor, and kinda dig the silenced tommy gun too. Although I feel like I can unload a clip on someone with the UMP and they dont die. I'll also grab the S12K, especially if I can put the ext-QD mag on it.

I am horrible at crouch jumping.... probably because I have my crouch button on a toggle. Maybe I need to set another key up or use the keypad software to do it for me.

Fyi

early access – week 31 – patch notes
    gameplay
    - blue zone dot (damage over time) increases when characters are farther away from the play zone
    - this principle does not apply to the first blue zone

bug fix
    - resolved a bug where bullets would sometimes ignore armor

we have received a lot of feedback asking for improvement of the blue zone. We have decided to adjust the blue zone damage to encourage engagement inside of the play zone. From this new update, you will be able to focus more on the immediate, close-ranged skirmishes inside the play zone, instead of dealing with enemies outside of the play zone during the mid to late phases of the game. We would love to hear the responses regarding the changes from all members of our community once you’ve tried it in the test servers.

This shit is ruining the game.

Watched some test server game play with vaulting and the new bullet drop mechanics.. Interesting to see that assault rifles don't do as much damage at long range.

Where is the bullet drop video?

I haven't seen one yet but from a preview video I saw it's pretty much anything over 300m (3 grids on minimap) any AR will suffer significant drop and less damage. Scroll wheel now dims the red dot ect when zoomed in and actually zooms the 8x out to 4x which is cool.

Test servers are back up. I am going to try the new patch.

1286309a5df05e764930f106bc2a4579be86a140.jpg

Gameplay

• Reduced the hit damage for hands and feet and increased the hit damage on thighs and arms.

• The healing period for bandages has been reduced to 4.5 seconds from 8.5 seconds. The casting time and the amount of health restored are the same as before.
    • Players can now parachute and land on certain areas that were not previously accessible, including the outskirts of the island
    • Added markings for zeroing distances on 15x scope reticle texture
    • Added new 4x reticle for 7.62mm weapons
    • Added new 4x reticle for sniper and SMG weapons
    • Added blur effect on the outside of scopes
    • Bullets now penetrate water based on the velocity of projectile (the faster the velocity, more shallow the penetration)
    • Lowered camera position when proning in third-person
    • Decreased firing rate of SKS and Mini-14
    • Increased sprinting speed while holding DMR in hands (now as fast as assualt rifles)
    • Decreased recoil for Mk14
    • 8x and 15x scopes cannot be attached to an M16A now

Item

• Added 2 new weapons.
      - Added DP-28. DP-28 will be spawned in world. It has a 47-round pan magazine for 7.62mm. Sights and a 4x scope can be attached. It has low firing rate but a long effective firing range with high damage
      - Added AUG A3. The AUG A3 can be obtained from care packages. It's a variant of a bull-pup assault rifle that uses a 5.56mm 30-round magazine as standard and 40 rounds when extended. It has high muzzle velocity, high rate of fire and low vertical recoil.
    • Kar98k will no longer be included in care packages. World spawn rate of Kar98k will remain the same

UI/UX

• Applied a new font for English
    • Improved designs for in-game HUD, option window, inventory, menu screen, and system message box
    • Improved Solo/Team Play UI
      - Moved health bars of team member(s) from the top left corner to the bottom left corner
      - Changed colors and markings in the mini map, world Map, and team list UI
      - Added indicators for team members to check their status (vehicle, parachuting, alive/dead, DBNO, connection status, etc.)
    • Improved interaction HUD
      - If there is no more room left in the backpack, the font will turn red to show that items cannot be picked up
    • Improved the mini map and the world map
      - Decreased the saturation of the mini map to further emphasize information of team members
      - Adjusted the colors of the world map to increase visibility of markers and other information
      - Players can check team members’ FOV direction through the world map and the mini map
      - When team members get on the same vehicle, a single indicator will appear
    • Moved the kill log from the bottom left corner to the top right corner
    • Modified the design of the health bar to show the point for 75%. The bar will not turn red when health is below 75%
    • Added killcam feature that can be found in Settings. Now players can check killcams in the result screen
      - For Duo and Squad modes, killcam can be checked after all team members have died

Sound

• Changed the lobby music
    • Improved vehicle engine sounds
    • Added a sound that will be played around the edge of the blue zone
    • Added three different sound effects for the red zone
      - Sounds of bombs being released
      - Sounds of bombs falling
      - Sounds of bombs exploding
    • Added sounds when character jumps into water. Sound will be different based on the speed

Language

• Added four languages: Italian, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Mexico) and Chinese (Traditional)

Bug fixes

• Fixed camera jittering for passenger sitting on the back of a motorcycle with sidecar
    • Fixed the issue where animations are not played when bandages are used consecutively
    • Removed the pink circle that appeared on certain buildings when parachuting
    • Fixed the issue where shooting was possible when vaulting
    • Greatly reduced blurriness of the reticle while in ADS mode

We hope to get a lot of feedback on our second PC 1.0 test build!