Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home Automation

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Just wish I had more use for colored lights.

Attachment 461

I ordered two more of the bloom lights under that deal, I didn't have the need for the more expensive/portable Go's but I like the idea.

There are little apps that can turn it into good holiday lighting, or figure out how to sync it to music for parties and such...

I use the red color hues alot at night on our shelves to give some indirect lighting to the room while watching TV. In theory the red hue's keep your low-light vision intact, stuff like that. If you dont have your tv back lit you could use them for that during movies and such. I added a light strip behind my tv years ago and it definitely reduces eye strain.

BTW Home Depot has the $199 Color Starter Kit (3 bulbs and hub) on clearance for $50 this week if you have a Home Depot up there

Do you use any 3rd party Hue apps to control your lights? There are so many I don't know which is better. I kinda like the "dynamic" themes that change color every couple minutes. I didn't find that in the official app (well it's kinda under labs). I did score some colored bulbs on ebay last night. Not sure how I am going to use them yet. Might light up behind my PC with a lamp like this:

ikea-ps-2017-floor-lamp-dark-blue__0513303_ph139232_s5.jpg

Along with the oem app, I've got Hue Pro, Hue Switcher and OnSwitch on my phone. They are just for fun tho really.. I used the holiday settings and fireplace/candle settings before for soft lighting. Mostly its just all connected to my G-home and we use voice controls for it but I have a much smaller space than you.. I got the LED lightstrip too a while back when it was on sale but haven't figured out a place to put it yet.

I'd definitely like to get it hooked up to video game health bars if someone gets that setup easy..

I connected my Hue account to the ESPN IFTTT. I just turned on the when a Vikings game starts turn my Hue purple. Not sure if it works yet. I will set up some Wild scoring blinks when I get a chance (and more bulbs).

Thats kinda cool, especially when you are entertaining during a game.

Here is the link https://ifttt.com/connect/espn/hue

Not sure how useful it will be depending on the latency. If it goes off before I see it on tv it won't be useful. I assume it will be late.

Picked up a Hue dimmer switch. Makes using the bulbs in the bedroom lamps way more practical. I have only caught Michelle using the lamps switch once.

Need to add the home mini to your bedroom so you can just voice command it. Black friday deal on it will be cheap..