Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox One

Default Xbox One

microsoft-xbox-one-review-system-v2.jpg

First impressions:

I love the media features and ability to watch cable/directv through the HDMI in. Voice control through Kinect works really well. I have noticed that if you have a game in suspend (you exit the game to the home screen) and start live TV there is sometimes some stuttering. The suspend feature works really well and the Netflix and Amazon apps are really well done.

Price:
    At under $299 I think it's finally a decent deal for XB1 or PS4. Extra controller for $60 is too expensive but necessary. Kinect when purchased in a bundle is a decent deal but at $149 or $99 still pretty expensive. Unfortunately, Kinect games are rare but there are some good ones.

Games:
    I hate FPS on console but prefer racing and flying games played with a controller. Forza is great on X1 and I really like the ability to dumb down the game play so family visiting can enjoy it too. Kinect games are great for kids with the dance and Disney games. New games are $59 but deals can be found on year old games for under $20. I picked up Diablo 3 (great coop couch game) for $19 and a Disney Kinect game for $5.

Bonus:
    For $24 you can buy a USB stick that allows your XBox controller to work wireless on your PC
    Last edited by Klaus; 12-18-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Cool. There is going to be one under my xmas tree. GF wanted to play some Star Wars:BF, I thought this would be way more accessible for her than trying to set her up on a PC, and couch co-op play will be fun. I got Forza 6 too, has always been my favorite driving sim (played on 360 that friends had).. Did not get a kinect but dont think I'd use it much yet anyway, maybe in the future for kids (if we let them play...lol)

Nice now I will have someone on my friends list. Scottd9000 is my gamer tag.

My next quest is to find a racing wheel because of course the PS3 Logitech doesn't work. I picked up Destiny with all the expansions for $20.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Official List Of Deals On Xbox Store’s Countdown – The Biggest Sale Ever
    The Official List Of Deals On Xbox Store’s Countdown – The Biggest Sale Ever

The first week of deals will be available from December 22 to 28. The Countdown sale will also feature Daily Deals and will run from December 22 to 31, counting down to the New Year. Microsoft will ring in the New Year with more offers beginning December 29 to January 7. Xbox Live Gold members will save up to an additional 10 percent on top of the game discounts, so now is a great time to go Gold and enjoy the benefits.

Note: You must log into your Xbox Live account in order to see the sale prices in your local currency.

Xbox One

http://slickdeals.net/f/8392549-the-...4#post80801735

What else do you plan to get?

I got Forza 6 and SWBF and I think my Xbox will come with GOW:UE (never played)... I think I'll get Halo 5 for the co-op MP. Not sure of anything else.

I currently own (non Kinect):

Forza 6
    Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition
    NHL 2016
    Destiny with expansions
    Peggle
    World of Tanks (free)

I think Diablo 3 is a great couch game for 2 players. It's not a split screen - you play on the same screen and it's much like the PC version but they have added a ton of stuff since we played it 3 years ago. Worth the $20

Destiny I bought because of the hype and it was $25 for all the expansions with the game. It's FPS so I am not thrilled about playing it with the controller. I will force myself to finish the main story and maybe try raiding when I get to a high enough level (I think it's 12 player raids)

I think I will try to get a racing wheel that works with Forza but it's definitely playable with the controller if you turn on traction control etc.

Not sure what else I will get maybe some Lego games for the kids and a flying game.

Will have to check out the Diablo 3.

How is world of tanks, I took it for a lame game based on its cheesy tv commercials...

Its lame. Haven't played it for more then 5 minutes but it was free.

Have you see the game Ark? Online survival game with dinosaurs etc. strange idea but I am trying the demo right now might buy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I know some of my SWTOR friends liked it.