Thread: Battlefield I

Default Battlefield I

Tried the open beta last night. It's OK. Slow weapons and the tanks are kinda slow and shitty (like WW1). Game play and graphics are pretty good. It's much like Battlefront with quick play etc. Sniping was pretty cool. I have missed "spotting" enemies that was missing in Battlefront.

I dont see myself trying this. WWI has never had much appeal to me, particularly because the technology is so primitive and slow.

Here is some terrible sniping. I do like the quick play as you can be in a game in under a minute (or you can server browser and look for something specific).

As Overwatch has been pissing me off I have played a lot more BF1. I gotta say it's growing on me. There is a lot more equipment in this game compared to BF4. I noticed that sniper has a anti-tank round that with many close range shots kill a tank. I love sniper but in BF4 you couldn't do much against a tank unless you have C4.

Been catching the commercials for this lately. It makes it seem that there are significant air maps and sea battle maps? Do you get naval combat? I always enjoyed those the most in BF1942/DC.

I have played a couple naval maps but only spawned in the large ships a few times. I haven't tried air at all but have been meaning to hook up my xbox controller and see what it's like.

To watch later

Since I upgraded my video card to a 1080 I have been playing BF1 a lot more now. I am really enjoying the game on high settings. The maps are really well done. I did break down and purchase a $20 unlock package to unlock all the base game weapons (I only own the base game) and it's much more enjoyable not being locked into the weapons you start with. Now I just need to get a joystick mapped and do flying.

One other thing that I noticed. If you own only the base game and get on a server that has the newer expansion maps as long as you join on a map you own.... you can play the new maps. I guess it would be shitty to auto kick half the server when a new map came up in the rotation.