Thread: The Expanse - on Syfy

Thumbs up The Expanse - on Syfy

This just concluded its first season last night, and a second was picked up before premier. I heard it had really good source material.

Its very slow to start off, but its all worth it to establish the character development and some backstories... It seemed very disjointed early on, with one thread being a detective story missing persons case and the rest about humans working in space after colonizing our solar system...

But its all a setup to a much bigger story (I read a little about it, spoiling it for myself, but I cant wait to see them tackle the material)...

Game of Thrones-ish meets Battlestar Galactica-ish.....

The finale and previous episode finally have all the pieces ready to start on the main story, which just began in the last 2 ep...

Def worth watching if you can get past the slow start, lots of political players, etc... pretty stellar space CGI for a TV show..

Good post I was just looking for a new series to start. I just binged "The 100" on Netflix and have nothing to watch. I will check it out.

How was "The 100"? I heard it was good but the whole "Young Adult" source material does not tend to interest me.

Did you start watching The People vs. OJ? The premier ep was good.

Also watching "Colony" on USA (USA is coming out with good shit, cant wait for second season of Mr. Robot).. Its Sawyer from Lost and Lori from TWD, and a great casting of Carl Weathers.. Its pretty damn good so far, and they do not seem to be dragging it out, so its moving the story along well.

Going to also check out "Hunters" coming up on SyFy in April.

Yeah I almost started Colony last weekend (the 100 has better ratings on rotten tomatoes @90% so I started that first). I will definitely watch it.

Honestly I like it a lot. Yes it is young adult BUT overall the story is pretty good (if completely unbelievable). It kinda reminds me of BSG(political), lord of the flies(survival), and Lost(unknown everything). If you don't know the premise - Nuclear war destroys life on earth and the only survivors are on the 2050 version of the space station. Actually several space stations combined from various countries. Earth isn't habitable for a couple hundred years but after 97 years the space station is running out of O2 and is forced to send down 100 prisoners (all teens) to see if they can survive. I would say give it a watch - the first two seasons are on Netflix and 40 mins long so super easy watch. The 3rd season is currently airing Thursday nights.

Started the expanse but yeah it's really slow...

I watched the first episode of Colony too. Like that more but when I went to see ep 2 on Dish on demand it's not there. All other episodes are but not ep2 uggg. This show reminded me of the original "V"

Yeah Expanse is slow, but the 3rd or 4th episode is pretty damn cool, battleship space battle... Like I said its all setup.. Just laying out the players...

Yeah, Colony def has that V feel.