Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making a Murderer

Default Making a Murderer

Fascinating documentary about Steve Avery. Must watch but pretty one sided.

( Click to show/hide )
    I think Avery did it but I don't think the evidence was not planted by the police. I just kept thinking if all the police corruption stuff wasn't a factor in the case would the evidence presented be enough to convict someone and my conclusion was yes. After I finished watching I searched on the internet for additional info and of course the documentary left out a bunch of key facts to make Avery look more innocent.

I do kinda like the alternate theory that the ex-boyfriend killed her and dumped the Rav4 in the woods somewhere. The licence plate was called in 4 days before it was found when the deputy found it (where it was dumped in the wood). They then came up with the plan to frame Avery. Deleted voicemails etc etc back up the plan. Far fetched but interesting since the ex-boyfriend was pretty creepy.
    Last edited by Klaus; 01-05-2016 at 09:42 AM.

The first couple of episodes that focused on the first case were very interesting. As for the rest of it though, here is an article that talks about the key evidence that was left out of the show: http://www.avclub.com/article/read-d...making--230224

It's some pretty damning stuff.
    Last edited by Ender; 01-06-2016 at 08:54 AM.

Saw this on TMZ this morning.

Steven Avery claims his own two brothers may have killed Teresa Halbach -- especially one who he says had a history of harassing women at the exact location where Teresa was last seen.
    Avery filed legal docs -- obtained by TMZ -- in which he claims brothers Earl and Charles may have done the deed for which he's serving a life sentence. He says both have a history of sexually assaulting women. Earl once pled no contest to sexually assaulting his 2 daughters.
    According to the docs, which Steven filed in 2009 after his conviction, brother Charles' criminal conduct and actions are even more problematic. He was charged with sexually assaulting his wife by holding her down and trying to strangle her with a phone cord before having intercourse with her.
    The docs say Charles also had a history of aggression toward women who visited the family's junkyard. One woman, who was there to retrieve her car that had been towed, complained to cops she was afraid of Charles because he was aggressively pursuing her ... sending flowers and money to her home, calling her incessantly and showing up at her doorstep.
    According to docs there was another incident in which a woman who bought a car part from the junkyard was harassed by Charles, who asked her on dates and showed up at her house.
    Another woman claimed Charles had repeatedly driven by her house and would tell her on the phone he had seen her in her bathing suit as he drove by.
    And this is interesting ... according to the docs, all of these women were allegedly harassed by Charles within a month of the time Teresa Halbach went missing.
    Steven also says his 2 brothers had a motive to frame him because they were fighting over the family business and were jealous he was on the verge of a multi-million dollar settlement for being wrongfully convicted of sexual assault.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz3wTt27JAH

So everyone is talking about this, is it still worth watching given I've heard and read all the press the last few days? Including the last two bits of info that make the documentary makers sound a little less objective by not presenting all the evidence used in the case.

Yeah I think so. Would be interesting to hear your take on it knowing that info going in. It's really well done even with some "key evidence" left out. Just the way the prosecution treats the nephew and somehow still gets his statements presented as evidence is a wtf moment. Plus a few of the smarmy deputies and attorneys end up really looking like tools in the end.

2jZB8XM.jpg

NOxXgiu.jpg
    Last edited by Klaus; 01-06-2016 at 01:10 PM.

Ok cool..

You should check out the new Serial podcast too, its only 3 episodes in and much different case than the Baltimore murder in Serial Season 1. They are looking at the case of this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowe_Bergdahl who did some interviews with the guy who wrote The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty (I believe he did the interviews with Bergdahl prior to joining up with the Serial people)...

I will check it out. I almost started season 1 the other day but didn't know season 2 had just started.

The names in season 1 made me dizzy, with two different ethnic names being said constantly that sound somewhat similar...

CXu5LfqUwAEzU9t.jpg

"My favorite character in Making A Murderer is this reporter whom I have lovingly dubbed "Bitch Ain't Having It"

We're 4 episodes in.. But.. I've a feeling my thoughts in the end will be the same thoughts I have on Serial season 1. I'm not convinced they are innocent, but I'm completely disgusted that they have been prosecuted and convicted on such garbage evidence from what (imo) was a terrible police investigation...