Thread: Xbox One

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Xbox One

microsoft-xbox-one-review-system-v2.jpg

First impressions:

I love the media features and ability to watch cable/directv through the HDMI in. Voice control through Kinect works really well. I have noticed that if you have a game in suspend (you exit the game to the home screen) and start live TV there is sometimes some stuttering. The suspend feature works really well and the Netflix and Amazon apps are really well done.

Price:
    At under $299 I think it's finally a decent deal for XB1 or PS4. Extra controller for $60 is too expensive but necessary. Kinect when purchased in a bundle is a decent deal but at $149 or $99 still pretty expensive. Unfortunately, Kinect games are rare but there are some good ones.

Games:
    I hate FPS on console but prefer racing and flying games played with a controller. Forza is great on X1 and I really like the ability to dumb down the game play so family visiting can enjoy it too. Kinect games are great for kids with the dance and Disney games. New games are $59 but deals can be found on year old games for under $20. I picked up Diablo 3 (great coop couch game) for $19 and a Disney Kinect game for $5.

Bonus:
    For $24 you can buy a USB stick that allows your XBox controller to work wireless on your PC
    Last edited by Klaus; 12-18-2015 at 11:49 AM.