Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Overwatch

Raid wipe! 15 kill streak. Play of the game.

Nice! I'm just wrecking people as pharah, I had a 27 player kill streak yesterday.

Yeah no one ever looks up and it's hard to hit a flying target.... I use her on any attack map that is decent for flying. Love to hammer tanks at a distance.

Just read about the MMR (hidden skill rating) and SR. I think I understand it pretty well now. Unfortunately, my idea to wait until S3 to get a higher rating in the placement matches doesn't seem to have worked. The problem all comes from my original 25 levels of play as I was fucking around trying to learn a bunch of classes. That I am assuming low MMR from quickplay was used to place me in a group for my placement matches and now my S2 SR was used to place me in S3... So I gotta do it the old fashion way and win a ton of games. I could just be a terrible player but I still feel I should be somewhere in silver or gold ranks.

One nugget I learned is that after placement matches individual effort during matches (golds earned/K) has no effect on your MMR/SR it's only win or loss. Also, DPS will place higher then support. You do however gain more points if you are under the average SR of the team if you win etc. I haven't played any matches yet in S3 after placement. I am hoping for decent teams.
    Last edited by Klaus; 12-07-2016 at 01:51 PM.

Played a few matches last night. Had a couple wins and a couple terrible losses after players left my team but I will say at 1390 I was getting into matches where the other teams SR average was 1550 or so. So wins were like +50 but losses were only -25. So that was nice.

Played after the winter patch last night and all I can say is the "stay as team" option at the end of the match is the best thing to happen to Overwatch!

Yeah thats going to be a lot better, just hope people use it. I played the snowball match too, pretty tense and fun only getting one shot and then having to reload... My team came back from an 0-2 deficit to win..

Played a bunch of comp again last night. Did decent and gained some SR but I still feel it's a coin flip in the silver/bronze level. Too many players that don't seem to care about teamwork or winning just picking a toon they like and running off alone. I did get one stay as team that won a few but of course one loss and everyone leaves the group.

Played Symmetra in quickplay after all the reviews of her changes (I never played her previous). Different play style with the turrets and the beam thing but fun to play. If there is a big battle on the Payload you can run in and just beam people to death. The shield is fun to send at Dva ults and helps with capturing points with a junk or turret guarding.

Attached Images Attached Images

I watched a interesting video that discussed how to single que for competitive matches. Basically there are two theories: instantly pick the class you are best at OR wait until everyone else has picked and fill in with what is needed (even if you aren't good at that class). I have tried both and think the instant que is best. I pick whatever I am doing really good with but might switch if a bunch of idiots refuse to heal or tank. I think the pick your class before grouping is a great idea and hope they test it.

After my bad night with a fun group going from 1700 down to 1200.... I was considering just doing quick matches until the season is over and learning new classes but think I will just keep poking away and trying to climb back up. There really is no way out of a ranking this low - no one talks and everyone plays terrible classes (torb on attack.....)

Also

Overwatch but with Cats - KatsuWatch Animated
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Klaus; 01-19-2017 at 04:30 PM.