Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Overwatch

Placement matches finished..... 2-8 with a rating of 39. Terrible matches. I mostly played Dva and Mercy. Had time for 1 competitive match and we absolutely crushed the other team. I played Dva and got play of the game and went 20-2. Moved up to almost 41 rating.
    Last edited by Klaus; 08-09-2016 at 01:51 PM.

Yeah i've hovered around the 38-40 since placing..

Logged on last night to see Season 1 is over and S2 won't start until September with 10 more matches needed.... yuck. It does look like they changed the ranking system quite a bit for S2. Similar to Hearthstone you will be rewarded off the highest rank you achieve during the season.

So I decided to try another class - this time Soldier 76 for my first "Offensive" hero. Got pretty good with him especially when I had a healer. Love the sprint and healing aura deal.

Getting kinda tired of free play. Played last night against a group of 3 junk rats while on attack. Was pretty much impossible. At first I didn't like the 1 class per team restriction in competitive play but I do now. They should limit to no more than 2 of a class in public free play.

Yeah that doesn't sound like fun. Yeah that would probably be a good tweak, 2 seems fair. I was in a game the other day where the other team was all D'Va, Tor and Bastion. I think we pushed thru it but they set up a few cross-fire choke points that were devastating.. I'm a little amazed how many people will change classes mid-match to something thats already being played, not a coordinated stack, so it tends to further the losing of the team. You finish the game like... oh, well we had three tanks and 2 healers at the end, no wonder we lost, nobody is doing dmg... The only thing I didn't like about the competitive play was all the bossy pants taking it far to seriously.. Like, I'm not gonna play a class I have no familiarity with no matter how much you think I suck at Pharrah.. Sometimes you lose.

I see that all the time too. Quick play is rarely coordinated and people switch to dumb classes all the time. I seem to be getting grouped with higher level players now and they do attempt to win by playing the correct class. Last night I came up against teams with 3 Genjis and that's pretty annoying. So I usually just pick a new class I haven't played and try to learn it. Last night was Reaper. I am pretty good with him 3:1 after 5 games. Kinda suits my run in style of play. The teleport is crazy good for killing turrets and Bastion and the shadow move deal is great for getting out of trouble. I also tried Zarya and got destroyed......

Current Favorite Classes:
    Offense - Solider 76
    Tank - Dva
    Defense - Junkrat
    Support - Mercy

Yeah, i cant count the number of Reapers who have gotten away from me with that shadow move, which seems more powerful than Mei's ice block that people seem to think is OP. I still haven't gotten into Mercy or the guy on skates, but I've seen some strong Mercy/Pharah combo's just destroy a team flying around in the air.

Mercy is fun but she's is 90% healer and once the other team decides to focus on you it's painful to play. If your team actively protects you and you can just sit back and heal you will get tons of "thanks" at the end of the game.

Yeah how often do you actually use her dmg buff as opposed to her heal, seems almost a throw away ability. I suppose if you get in the right position it could really helps dominate tho.

If everyone is at full health I always have the damage buff up on the highest DPS player. I guess one of the new changes is you will be able to turn on WOW style health gauge for the players on your team (on the side of the screen). That is my biggest frustration with Mercy is you can't tell how low out of LOS teammates are. It does show "critical" but I like to make sure everyone it topped off.