Thread: Overwatch

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just read about the MMR (hidden skill rating) and SR. I think I understand it pretty well now. Unfortunately, my idea to wait until S3 to get a higher rating in the placement matches doesn't seem to have worked. The problem all comes from my original 25 levels of play as I was fucking around trying to learn a bunch of classes. That I am assuming low MMR from quickplay was used to place me in a group for my placement matches and now my S2 SR was used to place me in S3... So I gotta do it the old fashion way and win a ton of games. I could just be a terrible player but I still feel I should be somewhere in silver or gold ranks.

One nugget I learned is that after placement matches individual effort during matches (golds earned/K) has no effect on your MMR/SR it's only win or loss. Also, DPS will place higher then support. You do however gain more points if you are under the average SR of the team if you win etc. I haven't played any matches yet in S3 after placement. I am hoping for decent teams.
    Last edited by Klaus; 12-07-2016 at 01:51 PM.