Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Overwatch

Another bad night 0-3 with two almost wins.... I just get the worst teams ever. They just trickle into the point with no thought of waiting etc. I honestly think if you start with a low rating it's just hard to climb out. Everyone in the 1600 is basically just a quick play player that wanted to try competitive.

Edit - played one more game last night after I posted the above. We destroyed the other team - everyone worked together. I just think it's luck of the draw in the low games. I also went 5-0 in quick play yesterday.....
    Last edited by Klaus; 09-14-2016 at 07:30 AM.

You are probably right about that. I had a string of losses last night too. I seem to get much better teams late (my time) compared to earlier in the day.

Yeah, trickling in is the worst, especially with how little time there is to actually capture a point.

I had a great weekend with 4-1 mostly mornings. Then last night I had a chance to play 5 games in a row.... all losses expect 1. I got into a group with some guys that were really good and we rolled the first team in record time but after that all losses. They were complaining about the "gold" players the other team had. I am not sure how the matchmaking works but I thought it was only within like 500. I think I am actually under 1600 now (top 99%)! lol maybe next season

It might be within 800.. I'm at like 2066.

I guess this is the story with the icons:

• Bronze: 1-1499
    • Silver: 1500-1999
    • Gold: 2000-2499
    • Platinum: 2500-2999
    • Diamond: 3000-3499
    • Master: 3500-3999
    • Grandmaster: 4000+

A Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, or Diamond player will never drop below that tier after they have achieved it, though their skill rating may fall below the threshold
    . Players in Master and Grandmaster may lose their tiers if they fall below their tier's minimum. Additionally, players in Diamond, Master, and Grandmaster tiers that have not played a competitive match in seven days will lose 50 skill rating every 24 hours, until they reach 3000 skill rating or play a competitive match.
    Last edited by Klaus; 09-20-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Broke my mouse (G700s) this weekend. Well it's still works but the scroll wheel is lose and it's not a reliable button anymore. I use the middle mouse for "sprint" in most games and in Overwatch it's the special that does sprint on solider and rocket on Dva. I was about to order another G700 when I saw the G900. Figured I would go check it out at Best Buy. Ended up buying it here is my quick review after a few games with it:

logitech-g900-chaos-spectrumfamily_0.jpg
    I insist on wireless and the 700 has been the best wireless mouse IMO for a long time (I am on my 3rd). The 900 promises a better sensor I think the 700 is fine but can't hurt. Originally with the 700 I used all the buttons especially in WOW but as time went by I probably only use 1/2 of them. Hard to find a couple of the buttons on the side with my thumb reliably. That's the biggest drawback of the G900 I am losing 5 buttons. In Overwatch this is fine as I don't use more then 4 buttons but when I get back into WOW I can see it's going to change my play style (more screen clicking). The G900 has two buttons you can put on either side (held in by magnets) - I am using the left side but you can install the other side buttons (at the same time) and use them also. The G700 has the three little buttons on the left side of the top of the mouse that I LOVE in Battlefield for my three weapons. I don't like using the scroll-wheel for weapon switches. Not sure how I am going to handle weapons in BF1 when it comes out. Might put the right side buttons in and try to use them.

Overall the smoothness of the mouse is very very nice. The 900 is a bit lighter compared to the G700. The scroll wheel has spokes and kinda a rubber feel. I think it's a big upgrade from the 700 (especially my broken wheel 700). You get a nice satisfying click feel when you press the middle mouse. The overall feel of the 900 is decent but I think the 700 is a bit nicer because it's a right hand mouse. My favorite mouse is the MX Master I use at work that has a thumb rest but that's not needed for gaming.

The other complaint I have about the 700 is the battery life. With high DPI I am getting just a few hours from one battery. Not a huge deal with a charger plugged in with 4 batteries always charging but I am getting annoyed at swapping batteries during games all the time. The 900 has a built in battery that I am sure is going to be annoying to charge when it runs out (but like the 700 you can plug in the cable and use it as a corded while charging). The 900 is rated at 24 hours of game play at highest setting and it shows the estimated hours remaining which is nice. Time will tell if it's that good.

Pros:
    Better wheel
    Easy to find the 2 thumb buttons compared to the 700
    Large battery
    Better wireless sensor
    Tilt scroll wheel (most gaming mice don't have)

Cons:
    Non swap able battery
    Less buttons
    Expensive
    logitech-g900-chaos-spectrum-02.jpg
    Last edited by Klaus; 09-22-2016 at 07:58 AM.

Non-swapable battery would be a deal breaker for me.

Doesn't help you now, but not all rechargeables are created equal. If you are burning thru them that fast, my guess is they are only 1800-2000mAh. If you look around Nuon, Eneloop and a few brands produce some high output AA's that are 2300-2500mAh. I can run all day on one of these and keep one charged in reserve.

I have tried Eveready and recently purchased the higher capacity Eneloop. Battery life was about the same. I do think there was something wrong with my mouse it got much better battery life a year ago. Highly recommend the Eneloop charger as it will charge a single battery and doesn't require a pair.

I am sure I will be pissed the first time the 900 runs out of battery while I am in a game. It does have a few LEDs you can set to glow red when the battery reaches a preset level.

I have this smartcharger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JL3XL2G?psc=1

It can charge 1/2/3/4, and has some other features like discharge/refresh and will give me battery feedback like volts and mha so I can identify a bad battery among my stockpile. You can also pick a higher voltage to charge fewer batteries at a time for a quicker charge, it will charge 1 battery at up to 1000v, 2 @ 800v, or with 3/4 batteries in, the max setting is 500v.

There is a guy who reviews chargers and rechargeable batteries on Amazon "NLee the Engineer", has been very informative.

So you got Eneloop pro's (they are black instead of white) and still feel they dont last? Thats weird, I have the 700 also but my high capacity batteries definitely will last 5-6 hours of continuous play on a full charge.

Same experience with GPS units in the field the last two years, the lower capacity dont last a day in my GPS, the high capacity will go well over a day.

We have that charger at the cabin but I haven't had a chance to try it. I just have the standard wall wart version.