Thread: Black Ops 4

Default Black Ops 4

Preordered.

There is a free beta this weekend for everyone. If you pre order you can play early on Friday.

https://www.callofduty.com/blackops4/buy

Played about 3 hours of the beta this weekend. It was only a couple maps and a couple game types.

Pros:
    Fun quick game play with fast respawn.
    Classes are fun with different weapon type and special abilities. (Overwatch type specials that you build up)
    Quick ranking up and weapons unlocks.

Cons:
    Kill streaks. Thing I have always hated about COD games. A level 50 player who has all the weapons unlocked will dominate a capture pt with a grenade launcher etc and get every kill streak. Then it's just respawn die to missile attack, respawn die to lighting thing, respawn die to attach helicopter, respawn die to nuke thing..... Just put me a on time out for 2 minutes so I can get a beer or something it's just a waste of time.

Sniper rifles are too strong. The bolt action rifle is a single shot kill no matter where it hits you. If you come up against a good quick scoper with a sniper just leave the game it's annoying.

A new beta starts this Friday for the "Blackout" game mode, which is a Battle Royale like PUBG. The PS4 beta is out today, and the gameplay looks pretty good from what I watched over lunch.

I will probably play some this weekend if anyone else is around.

Some streamer highlights from yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAK4Bj9Zodw

Looks pretty fun.

I can't wait to try this. Looks fast.

I got a blackout beta key and tried it tonight. Unfortunately, my video card can't run this game (I still have a 1050). I tried changing a bunch of settings, but I still get really messy graphics, with some terrain not even rendering and showing solid color tiles.

Time for an upgrade soon...

Did you update to the Nvidia game ready drivers that include Black Ops? But yeah scoop up a 1070 or 1080 if you can. I got home last night so pretty much perfectly missed the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Did you update to the Nvidia game ready drivers that include Black Ops? But yeah scoop up a 1070 or 1080 if you can. I got home last night so pretty much perfectly missed the beta.
    Yeah I always keep my driver updated. I don't think that was the problem.

I only had a chance to play a few rounds of Blackout over the weekend but it looks like it might be really good. The game crashed on me in two of the rounds but otherwise played pretty well. Graphics at medium look good and I am getting 144 fps most of the time. I have no idea which guns are good so at this point I am just running around with whatever I find. This made me more interested in the normal 5v5 capture the flag mode. I hit level 22 last night and have unlocked several new guns. The shotguns are super good. One of the preset load outs has the auto shotgun (you don't unlock it until a high level) and for the small maps it's super good.