Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Overwatch

Not yet. I loaded it up yesterday but then the kid woke up before I could even get into a match..... Hopefully, tonight.

Played last night but I got on a horrible team (quick match) and wasn't able to try Bastion.

2-1 in my first 3 ranking games..

And got to try (what I assume is the buffed version) Bastion on a 6v6 random player match. Its seems way more playable with the bump to transform speed and the way the repair ability was changed. I did well, but it didn't come off as OP to me. Did the type of damage one should expect from a fixed-def based character.. But one good flanker(s) around to his side and its over... I'd rather see them working on balance this way than leaving weak characters weak...

I plan to start my matches this weekend. Wanted to wait until all the Gold+ players are done. I know it will pretty much keep me at 1500 plus/minus 300 pts. Almost considered starting a new account like so many other people but it's not worth it. I will give Bastion a try.

Thats a good idea, I hadn't even thought of that. I probably wont get to play again till the weekend so let me know when u are playing.

Finished placement last night. 1100 after going 2-8 (2 matches with leavers). I tried a mixture of picking my best class and filling in the class that was needed. Didn't matter for the most part. I am really rusty with my aim after taking off a few weeks. I am kinda happy I placed so low and I will see how high I can climb. Hopefully silver. Current classes:

Lucio - main
    D.va - tank
    Soldier/Pharrah - dps
    Junkrat - retired main (really bored with him)

Want to learn better -
    Reinhardt
    Ana
    Zarya

I watched a video yesterday with a theory for how to approach each 3 month season. Basically, fuck around learning new heroes at the start and settle on just a couple to make a push for higher ranking. My first thought was "no - only learn new heroes in quick play!" But then he went over why quick play is the worst place to learn because there is no competition and no one cares. Good point. But is it fair to play widowmaker in competitive to learn and maybe lose?

I think its fair to play a class you're still working on. I know I've been forced into a roll I dont know well regardless with some teams comps. I definitely agree its better "training" as the competition and coordination is better/focused.

I play Rhein quite a bit. He is all bout tactically keeping a charge on your shield (dropping it enough to keep a good charge).. A bit moreso than Dva as you dont get the luxury of the ranged attack. I'm always trying to find a position where I can duck in and out of cover. On Defense I like to cover the main choke point off to one side, and try to do a charge across the front of the choke when attackers try to push through. Instead of pushing straight at them where you will ultimately range your healer.. If anyone gets close its swing away while trying to juke around and not take too much damage yourself.

I climbed 100 or so points over the weekend. its not impossible.

Played a few on Saturday. I must have a higher hidden rating because it keeps putting me in matches with higher level players. I am 1100 and I play with 1200-1300. The nice thing is when I lose a match I only lose like 30 pts but a win is like 80 pts. Or there just aren't any players at 1100

Another good Rhein tip. Is have a fireball ready when you use your ultimate smash/knockdown ability as a follow up... If you can knock a group down in a nice line-ish fashion, and then follow with a fireball across the tops of all the downed opponents, you can easily get a multi-kill, and if anyone isn't dead at that point, I try to charge right down the same line an take out whoever is left.
    Last edited by Jomama; 03-20-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    Another good Rhein tip. Is have a fireball ready when you use your ultimate smash/knockdown ability as a follow up... If you can knock a group down in a nice line-ish fashion, and then follow with a fireball across the tops of all the downed opponents, you can easily get a multi-kill, and if anyone isn't dead at that point, I try to charge right down the same line an take out whoever is left.
    I am terrible at Rhein. Tried a bit last night after no one would play tank (gotta love comp matches with all dps....) I will try your tips.