Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront

My joystick works, but none of the buttons work (aside from the trigger), but I moved away from Logitech Joystick to a TM cause I was tired of the games having a problem with two logitech peripherals...

Started playing this over the past week and am really liking the game. I was getting wrecked at first, but once I figured out the power ups and unlocked some of the better cards, I started doing a lot better.

A few gameplay opinions:
    - The DL-44 blaster pistol is one of the best weapons. You can 2 shot people with it at close range, and they really have no chance unless they get a lucky headshot, or are using another close range gun. If they have a standard blaster or any other longer range gun, they are toast.
    - For long range I like the EE-3 the best. I haven't unlocked this one yet, but used it on a lot of the AI missions.
    - Scan pulse is my favorite charge card so far. Seeing where enemy players are before walking into an objective room is a major advantage. Those campers have no chance.
    - Pulse rifle is a must on long distance maps. Being able to 1 shot that idiot that jump packed on top of a roof and is picking people off from range is nice.
    - Having a grenade is another must. You just get a ton of kills with them. Impact grenade is nice for outdoor maps, but for indoor maps with lots of walls I prefer thermal detonator because you can bounce it off of walls and around corners.
    - I read the tip about using 3rd person view, and I did find it to be a great advantage in this game, especially when you get up close to someone or are behind cover. The targeting didn't take long to get used to in 3P. I have also read that aiming down sight (right click) and crouching both offer no accuracy benefit, so 3P hip fire I think is the way to go.
    - For experience, I seemed to earn a lot more on the smaller game modes like cargo and drop zone than on supremacy. I haven't tried walker assault yet though. I just found myself dying on the bigger maps too much so that I was less involved in combat and map objectives. I guess if you get a hero or vehicle, I can see how these maps would be better but I can never find them because the "pros" seem to always grab them right away. For now though, I have often been able to earn 10k+ experience per match on the cargo game mode.
    Last edited by Ender; 12-28-2015 at 01:14 PM.

I have been running two grenades and I make sure to use them when off cooldown. Kinda spammy but I get a ton of kills that way. I prefer conquest style (supremacy/walker assualt) modes but I have done the droid run a bunch and the hero hunt is awesome for exp if you can be the hero. Otherwise it's just dying over and over.

Have you been following the dumpster fire of a rollout of this game by EA? I wasn't planning to purchase it but I have watched some streamers and it looks much better then the first game. $59 for the game and if you want to play a premium hero like Luke or Darth you need to spend 100 hours of playtime to earn the credits needed (or spend $$ to open crates with no guarantee you will get credits). Following the backlash on reddit EA changed the cost of the heros by -75% BUT conveniently left out the fact they also decreased the amount earned by playing by -75% also..... lol

92qg93C.jpg
    Last edited by Klaus; 11-15-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Yeah read about it, I'm sure I will buy it but I was thinking I might wait a few months till its on sale for $40...

Good review. Won't buy until game is more unlocked and cheaper. This was my main complaint with Battlefield 1 - weapons unlocks took too much play time. I eventually paid the $20 to unlock all weapons and enjoyed it way more (but had to spent $$). The system in this game with cards and power-ups and weapons and heroes is just too much for a casual player.

Yesterday they removed the ability to purchase tokens and loot boxes..... lol

Yeah like hours before launch lol... Appears they are listening... looks like they may have learned at least something from past game launches..

Little more critical review... seems like they took too many cues from the old COD power ups and pew-pew=points system and ignored the dynamics of more recent games success resulting from a game that encourages teamwork (OW, PUBG)
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/...ope-nope-nope/