Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    I dont know if this is accurate but..

Quick Tip to rank up fast play in Hero mode..... every time you kill a hero you get like a 1,000+ points, its so easy to unlock everything very quickly just playing this mode for a few hours.
    This is in fact true BUT you need to be able to kill the hero.... I think I played 4 rounds of Hero mode and got two hero kills. They are worth 1000 but the real points come when you are the hero - you can just mow people down. Especially as Luke. Holy shit can you do damage with a sabre. Anyway I think for points I would stick to the big maps and just find a good place that enemy runs by often.

Luke 7 kills
    http://giant.gfycat.com/DampDampGoldenretriever.webm
    Last edited by Klaus; 11-19-2015 at 09:49 AM.

I play first person but after watching this I will be playing in 3rd.

Interesting... I've always felt "off" playing third person, but I will have to try it.. It definitely looked from the YT clip that you have a wider field of view in 3rd, which alone is clearly a benefit..

Yeah I accidental switched to 3rd person while playing Leia in Hero mode and I don't shoot as good but I do think the ability to see around corners and over stuff is worth the trade off.

As for weapons I have only unlocked the fast shooting low damage long range blaster (RT-97C I think). It's garbage too many hits to take down anything. I switched back to the standard blaster and had much better luck.
    RT-97C_03.jpg

Yeah I did a little 3p view, I think I started to get the hang of it and got some pretty decent K\D (this game seems far less likely to have 2-3 people always dominating the scoreboard)..
    Definitely nice to see around and over things given the amount of cover on the maps.

I actually like that gun, the range and it has a quicker cooldown iirc.. I didn't notice if my kills fall off? I like flanking around the sides and unleashing surprise suppressive fire from a cover position..

I was kicking some ass on the air combat mode, just need to learn to hold the "lock on" button before firing and its pretty easy to rack up the kills.

The last 5 servers I played on were locked to 1P... Finally got on one that allowed 3p this morning. I did better overall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Klaus; 11-23-2015 at 03:47 PM.

I plan on playing this soon and will keep an eye out for you guys online. Probably not this week though because I will be gone for the holiday.

Battlefront December 1 Patch Notes:

• General bug fixes for vehicles and physics improvements
    • Game modes balancing tweaks
    • HUD UI adjustments
    • Audio optimizations
    • General crash and stability fixes
    • Online traffic performance improvements
    • Various text fixes for all languages
    • General bug fixes for both Missions and Multiplayer
    • Legacy Controls should now work as intended

Just reading that fix list mentioning crashes.... and it dawned on me, this is the first new game I can remember that isn't consistently crashing/freezing on me during its first few weeks......

However, it really sucks to not just have the old school server list or some type of filter system. About 2/3rds of the games it joins me to end up being unplayable for me due to a poor connection (which I can only assume means high ping)...

I miss the server browser too. You can click show all games of each type and pick from a list.

Chad mentioned he couldn't get his joystick to work - wonder if that was fixed.