Thread: Star Wars Battlefront

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Started playing this over the past week and am really liking the game. I was getting wrecked at first, but once I figured out the power ups and unlocked some of the better cards, I started doing a lot better.

A few gameplay opinions:
    - The DL-44 blaster pistol is one of the best weapons. You can 2 shot people with it at close range, and they really have no chance unless they get a lucky headshot, or are using another close range gun. If they have a standard blaster or any other longer range gun, they are toast.
    - For long range I like the EE-3 the best. I haven't unlocked this one yet, but used it on a lot of the AI missions.
    - Scan pulse is my favorite charge card so far. Seeing where enemy players are before walking into an objective room is a major advantage. Those campers have no chance.
    - Pulse rifle is a must on long distance maps. Being able to 1 shot that idiot that jump packed on top of a roof and is picking people off from range is nice.
    - Having a grenade is another must. You just get a ton of kills with them. Impact grenade is nice for outdoor maps, but for indoor maps with lots of walls I prefer thermal detonator because you can bounce it off of walls and around corners.
    - I read the tip about using 3rd person view, and I did find it to be a great advantage in this game, especially when you get up close to someone or are behind cover. The targeting didn't take long to get used to in 3P. I have also read that aiming down sight (right click) and crouching both offer no accuracy benefit, so 3P hip fire I think is the way to go.
    - For experience, I seemed to earn a lot more on the smaller game modes like cargo and drop zone than on supremacy. I haven't tried walker assault yet though. I just found myself dying on the bigger maps too much so that I was less involved in combat and map objectives. I guess if you get a hero or vehicle, I can see how these maps would be better but I can never find them because the "pros" seem to always grab them right away. For now though, I have often been able to earn 10k+ experience per match on the cargo game mode.
    Last edited by Ender; 12-28-2015 at 01:14 PM.