Thread: New on Netflix - Daredevil

Thumbs up New on Netflix - Daredevil

This got released last friday (whole season, 13ep). Its a Marvel product. It appeared to include a reference to the Avengers (hole in the sky dropping distruction or something to that affect). I watched the first 2 ep last night. Pretty good albeit a little formulaic for my tastes, but I could see it getting very good. Batman-ish, but scaled for TV, they are taking their time with his backstory and development , and there appears to be a overall subplot that will tie the episode stories together (the Kingpin story arc being behind all the individual crimes encountered in each show is my guess). It was shockingly dark & on the violent side, and the fight scenes were top notch, definitly the best part of the show. Absolutly worth checking out.

I've two more episodes to go. It has been picked up for a second season. Definitely worth watching. While the guy playing DD is new to me, they surrounded him with a decent cast... Vincent D'Onofrio is a just an all around scary weirdo as the Kingpin. Scott Glenn made an appearance as Stick. Rosario Dawson is a nurse/love interest who patches up DD. The whole season is a bit of an origin story, but its unique in that I don't think I've seen anything stretched out like this for 13 episodes, yet it still moves along, and there is little plodding in the plot. They are building lots of tension tho, and not glossing over details.. And so dark & violent, unlike anything that Marvel has put out there so far.

I just read that the Punisher will be in Season 2. Played by the guy who played Shane in The Walking Dead. Really liked this show, first season ended well.

Punisher and Elektra trailers released prior to S2 coming out Mar 18th..

http://io9.gizmodo.com/say-hello-to-...n-2-1759174994

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-new-dared...tra-1761220706

Looks so good..

This reminds me I need to get back and watching DD. I only watched the first episode. Liked it. Michelle was so so. I might need to watch it without her.

Its a little slow in the middle of S1, but its just setup, and ends strong. S2 looks better..

So much better than S1... Brutal and great underlying plot unfolding...