Thread: Ranked Decks

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pally seems to be the strongest in the meta right now a few weeks after GvG. Priest is probably 2nd strongest and getting stronger as people tweak them. Shaman and Hunter are about where they were before meaning good but not tops. The Lock decks are strong, especially with the new cards, there are now multiple versions you can run and you arent limited to just lame old zoo. Warrior and Rogue can be good but can be out controlled by good versions of Priest or Pally control decks and don't have good win rates from what i have experienced and read.

I have a couple paladin decks, a tweaked version of probably the more popular one everyone is playing and a 2nd version heavily using secrets which is not as successful but boy is it a HOOT to play it. It completely drives opponents NUTS. It wins maybe half the time. It's kinda nice because prior to GvG, pally was an outlier that was fun to play but more in the boat of warrior and rouge meaning you couldnt make any mistakes and against good lock or priests even mistake free you would still lose more than half the time.

The standard pally deck i built won like 6 matches in a row and i got bored so i went back to playing unique types of decks and of course lose more than i win and dropped back down to level 17.

I don't talk about mages. I hate them. You don't even need to be good to play any mage deck and still have a chance of winning. Once you are below 20 life against mages the outcome completely subject to their draw luck. I think that's probably one of the things that makes priests so good is the ability to float life out of mage DD territory and maintain control until you simply wear them down.
    Last edited by Chadwick; 01-07-2015 at 02:54 PM.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph