Thread: Ranked Decks

Default Ranked Decks

Klauso asked me to post what I have been playing for ranked lately, so here it is (this will totally change with GvG coming out tomorrow, but oh well):

Shaman

Shaman is really strong right now with the changes that have been made lately, none of which affected this class. The main way you will kill someone with this deck is by saving at least 1 Rockbiter to use with either Doomhammer or Al'Akir. If you don't have Al'Akir, Rag is an okay substitute. You will face a lot of hunter decks, so that is why the ooze is in there, and you will also need earth shocks in your hand for all of the deathrattle minions.

Trap Hunter

Pretty much just a rush deck. You want undertaker in your starting hand with another 1-2 cost deathrattle minion. If you get that, it is tough to loose. Try not to use kill commands on minions... they are for finishing off your opponent. Don't use unleash without having the cultmaster in your hand or on the board, since this is your only card draw.

Circle Priest

Read more about priest in the other Priest deck thread.

I will post new GvG decks later.
    Last edited by Ender; 12-07-2014 at 02:02 PM.

Thank you!

Here is the deck I am using now after gvg. Very fun and strong.

Rogue Mech
    Last edited by Ender; 12-25-2014 at 10:17 PM.

The new Priest decks after GvG are pretty incredible. Here is the one that I will be playing:

GvG Priest Control

The addition of Shrinkmeister really opened up some interesting combos. You can Shrinkmeister+Shadow Priest to steal 4 power minions (my Ysera kthx), Shrinkmeister+Shadow Madness to steal a 5 power minion and attack something else with it (using this combo on an opponent's Sylvanas would be too funny), or just Shrinkmeister+SW Pain in the absence of the other 2 more powerful combos. In any case, Shrinkmeister should only be played for use with these combos.

Dr. Boom should be your first crafted GvG legendary. It is very strong and can be thrown into any control deck like this one.

Pally seems to be the strongest in the meta right now a few weeks after GvG. Priest is probably 2nd strongest and getting stronger as people tweak them. Shaman and Hunter are about where they were before meaning good but not tops. The Lock decks are strong, especially with the new cards, there are now multiple versions you can run and you arent limited to just lame old zoo. Warrior and Rogue can be good but can be out controlled by good versions of Priest or Pally control decks and don't have good win rates from what i have experienced and read.

I have a couple paladin decks, a tweaked version of probably the more popular one everyone is playing and a 2nd version heavily using secrets which is not as successful but boy is it a HOOT to play it. It completely drives opponents NUTS. It wins maybe half the time. It's kinda nice because prior to GvG, pally was an outlier that was fun to play but more in the boat of warrior and rouge meaning you couldnt make any mistakes and against good lock or priests even mistake free you would still lose more than half the time.

The standard pally deck i built won like 6 matches in a row and i got bored so i went back to playing unique types of decks and of course lose more than i win and dropped back down to level 17.

I don't talk about mages. I hate them. You don't even need to be good to play any mage deck and still have a chance of winning. Once you are below 20 life against mages the outcome completely subject to their draw luck. I think that's probably one of the things that makes priests so good is the ability to float life out of mage DD territory and maintain control until you simply wear them down.
    Last edited by Chadwick; 01-07-2015 at 02:54 PM.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

I also like pally. Here is a good pally deck that I have been playing. Requires a few legendaries that you guys may not have, but you can substitute some other ones if you want. The general curve and other cards can still be used.

GvG Paladin

Just wanted to update this and show you guys what I have been playing for Ranked Decks lately.

First of all, there is a hunter deck called Face Hunter that is the new trendy/popular deck being played. You need to be aware of this deck when playing ranked games because it is all over the place and you WILL see it often:

Face Hunter

This is just an agro deck where every single attack is made against the opponent to kill them as fast as possible. It uses kill command and leeroy as finishers after cheap minions, chargers, and weapons were used to widdle life away. You can use this deck if you want... it is effective and the cards are easily obtained. However, if you don't use it, you need to make sure whatever your playing is countering it. The two essential counters to this deck are taunts and healing.

My favorite deck right now, which totally destroys hunter, is the following druid deck:

Ramp Taunt

This deck has a lot of taunts, which will help against the face hunter and other agro decks. Zombie Chow on turn 1 also shuts down face hunter. Ancient of Lore can be used to heal against face hunter or draw cards against anything else. 1x Big Game Hunter is a staple in almost all decks because almost every deck runs Dr. Boom. This deck also has a 14 damage finisher using Force of Nature + Savage Roar (9 mana). I have been having very good sucess with this deck and highly recommend it. You will destroy hunters, and it runs well enough against everything else.

Another good deck is a rogue deck that uses blade flurry and tinker oil for some crazy damage plus board clears:

Oil Rogue

This deck is very tricky to play. You are looking to build up a 3+ power 2 durability weapon, attack opponent's face with it, then use blade flurry to clear their board plus damage them again (blade flurry also does damage to opponent). You can do tons of damage in one turn if you get the combo bonus with Tinker's Oil and a minion on the board that can attack. Southsea Deckhand is in the deck for cases where you don't have a minion out and want to combo Tinker's Oil. It has healing with Farseers and 1x Healbot for playing against agro decks, and Fan of Knives can deal with face hunter's stupid minions very well.

The last deck that I haven't played much lately but can be really good is control Priest:

GvG Priest Control

Northshire Cleric and Wild Pyro+PW Shield are good to have early against face hunter, and since you can heal yourself they will have a difficult time finishing you off. Light of the Naaru is great when comboed with Soulpriest because you can use it for 3 damage removal, and when the creature dies, it will summon you the Lightwarden since technically the creature was still damaged after casting the spell. Recombobulator is used with shadow madness because after you shadow madness and attack with their minion, if it is still alive you recombobulator it and you will keep the minion that it is changed to.