Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Priest Deck

Default Priest Deck

I have been playing a Priest deck lately for ranked play and it works really well. It wrecks Zoo... I don't think I have actually lost a game to zoo with it in fact. It is weak against control warrior, but otherwise pretty strong against everything else (although getting the deathlord hunter's marked by a Hunter sucks lol).

Here is the deck I am currently using:

Circle Priest

Ways to clear opponent's board:
    Soulpriest+Circle of Healing = 4 damage to all minions (soulpriest lives)
    Wild Pyro+Holy Nova = 2 damage to enemy minons, then 1 damage to all minions (3 total to enemy minions)
    Holy Nova
    Wild Pyro+PW:Shield+any other spell = 2 damage to all minions

Other Combos:
    Blademaster+Circle of Healing = 4/7 minion on turn 3
    Northshire Cleric+any healing = insane card draw

This is a tricky deck to play though. You need to avoid mistakes with using wild pyro and soulpriest, because they are cards that can easily lead to mistakes. For example, don't cast holy nova or holy fire with a soulpriest out, since it will damage your minions or you. Also, don't forget you have your soulpriest out and try to heal yourself or one of your minions with hero power. With wild pyro out, don't cast a spell when you have a 1 health minion... heal it or trade it first. I have made many mistakes with these two cards in the past, but once you stop making them and know how to use them in this deck, they are awesome.

I have been playing a similar deck (Icy Veins low budget priest deck) and it's a great deck. I think I am 10-4 with it. I like the additional cards you added and might swap out a few cards. This deck hangs around forever due to the healing. I have run out of cards a few times (lucky my opponent did also). I always seem to have both Circle of Healing in my hand all the time and nothing to use them on.

One of the cards I added that you might not run is Mass Dispel. This works beautifully for negating eggs, creepers, and other deathrattle or buffed cards. Silence is pretty good right now. Even if your mass dispel only silences an egg, you just traded 2 for 1 because you get to draw in addition to negating a card. If you mass dispel after they just droped 2 eggs plus Defender of Argus.... well, they might as well concede.

I have been having a lot of fun with a priest deck that is similar to the above. I just added a couple of the new cards and holy crap do they have the potential to add some punch.

dark cultist is is great to drop and use to either kill their creatures or just let die for the +3 health it can add to your pyromancer or northshire priest. Zombie chow is one I think I need to play with more. I fit 1 in the deck to start and actually got the auchenai + pyro + circle of death + chow to kill all their stuff plus deal 5 damage to the hero. I had already dark cultist'd my pyro so he survived as well. I am not sure if it is wise to run 1 or 2 chows because unless you get him turn 1 or 2 or have the Soul priest out, its kinda dead card. What do you guys think? Worth it because of how strong a 2/3 is to knock around minions right away AND has the potential to combo for 5 damage?

Yeah i haven't built a new priest deck yet, but i think there is nothing wrong with running 2 chows. You can always just wait to drop it on a clear board, then next turn drop soulpriest and run it into something for the 5 damage to face. Plus, you can use hero power to finish off whatever you ran it into if it has 4 or less health. It effectively works like a 1 mana mind blast, as long as they don't use removal.

Post the deck after you tweak it. I love my priest deck (with no Naxx cards).

Here is draft 1 of a priest deck. Went 6 and 1 so far. The loss was a mix of play mistakes and pretty terrible draws on my part. He also had the nuts. I beat 2 paladin, 2 hunter, and 2 warlock decks pretty handily

Naxx Priest Draft 1

Couple things to discuss is based on the meta, which of these cards should be played and which should maybe be swapped.

Pain vs death. I think 2x deaths might be better than the 2x pain because the cabal can steal one also.

1x Holy Smite
    1x Holy Fire
    Not sure if I need the holy smite. Might be worth dropping it for either a silence or another Holy fire. The silence or another mass dispel might help if we ever run in to a zombie chow issue or if we maybe want to run deathlord. Might not be worth it and the swing from holy fire even as removal might be a winner.

the 2x naxx legendaries Fuegen and Stalagg are absolutely the MVP's so far. People dont know what to do because if they remove them, big dick swinging comes for a visit lol I imagine if a lot of people start running them, we will see silence be even more valuable in constructed. People wasted their silences on the soul priest and pyro so the big guys were clear to smash face and then die with deathrattle. Guessing its less of an issue for poly and hex but those should be already wasted by the time these guys come out.

If you don't have the Rag and Sylvanas, I think any big beat would work. Maybe run a second azure drake and something big and taunting like sunwalker or argent commander as I did get faced a few times by Leeroy that dirty prick!
    Last edited by Hauser; 08-13-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Not sure on where everyone is ranked but depending on the decks you face, might be a good idea to run 2x deaths and 2x holy fire for removal. It is easier to remove the little guys with minions. Another thing to remember is that Fuegen and Stalagg can be used to summon Big Dick Swinging (BDS) for the other guy. If you play one and then he plays the other as a counter, that might suck. I don't really see that as effective or even good tech as it is kinda hard to make that work properly. The 4/7 one is for sure going to see play. Maybe the second one as a counter to the 4/7 and for the chance at the big guy? Another option is to go Spectral night or Sludge Belcher as both have pretty great value in the 5 slot and do not have the potential negative downside of the twins.

Anyone play around with it yet?

Spectral Knight is terrible in a Priest deck because you can't heal him with hero power. Sludge Belcher would be ok, but I would rather play Azure Drakes or Fuegen/Stalagg. Nothing wrong with playing both.

I would run 2 SW Death, 2 Holy Fire, and 2 Holy Smite.

I didn't have any luck with Hauser's deck last night. I didn't have every card but made due with what I had..... 0-4. Might need to buy some cards.

Oh and the only time I saw Thaddius was when another Priest stole my Feugen and it died.....I got destroyed.
    Last edited by Klaus; 08-14-2014 at 08:45 AM.