Thread: Ender's Game

Default Ender's Game

Obviously, I have been waiting for this movie for a long time. I first read the book in my early teens, and have read it about 6 times total. I consider it to be one of the best Sci/Fi or Fantasty Fiction books ever written. This movie had an extreme amount of hype for me or any other fan of the book, so I was concerned that it would be a disappointment just because of that.

However, I saw it over the weekend and it was very satisfying. It included all of the key scenes from the book and stuck to the book very closely in those scenes. It visually captured what I envisioned while reading the book very well. It did leave out some large parts of the book, but I consider the parts that were left out to mostly be slow parts that would not have made for good movie content. The casting was excellent: Asa as Ender was perfect and Harrison Ford was great as Graff. They did leave out quite a few battles at the Battle School, but showed the 2 very key ones. This is the only part of the movie that I would have liked them to spend just a little bit more time on, and I do not think that extra time would have dragged the movie much. 1-2 more battle scenes would have been very nice.

Overall, this was a very satisfying movie for an avid book reader, and it should be well liked among non book readers as well. Go see it.

4.5/5
    Last edited by Ender; 11-04-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: typo

Awesome. I can't wait to see this. I just finished the book a few months ago.

I saw it on Friday. Overall I liked it a lot. I do agree that it was rushed in parts and some of the training was condensed (for time I assume). Having read the book I know the story really well and filled in the missing parts. They did leave out the political parts from the book and I think that was a good decision. Casting was spot on.

I really enjoyed this, and could see myself reading the book now.