Thread: Gravity

Exclamation Gravity

Loved the look of the film. The story wasn't that well put together IMO. I think they decided on a 1:30 movie for additional show times but left out probably 45min of back story and development. See it in 3D or Imax while you can.

Visually 5/5
    Story 2/5

Yeah it was simple, but visually outstanding. I think she did a good job portraying the stress level. I like the director (his first film since Children of Men), so I was glad to support it. The opening sequence tracking shot was amazing (much like his tracking shot in CoM)... Very innovative guy, cant wait to see what he does next.

Reading a little about this led me to learn another little interesting Sci-Fi movie. Kinda low budget, but they did A LOT with what they had. Its called Europa Report. Its basically what Apollo 18 was trying to be, but better imo, with much better visuals and less shakey cam (on a arguably lower budget). The only known actor in it is Sharlto Copley (sp?). I was able to torrent a non-cam version of it so I assume its out on BR.
    Last edited by Jomama; 10-16-2013 at 11:26 AM.