Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 4

Default Battlefield 4

Grrr I tried to delete a post and deleted the thread I guess....

Mikes Post:

I like the game so far. Not too many things that seem way different. The graphics are clearly better which is, of course, going to cost me Game play is very similar but that's cool because I always liked BF3

http://gearnuke.com/battlefield-4-pc...amd-cpus-5682/

Last edited by Klaus; 10-15-2013 at 08:53 AM.

From the CSM forum:
    Make a file in the /BF4 Beta directory and call it 'user.cfg'.
    Paste this in there, save, then enjoy a nearly constant 60fps.

Code:
    RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 0
    RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable 0
    RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1RuntimeEnable 0
    perfoverlay.drawfps 1
    worldrender.motionblurenable 0
    worldrender.spotlightshadowmapresolution 256
    worldrender.spotlightshadowmapenable 0
    worldrender.lighttilecspathenable 0
    renderdevice.forcerenderaheadlimit 1
    gametime.maxvariablefps 60
    renderdevice.triplebufferingenable 0
    renderDevice.vsyncenable 0

Only a couple days left of Open Beta.

My take on the Beta:

• Game play is much like BF3 but the interface is much much better. The map/spawn point interface is very nice compared the BF3
    • I am not a big fan of C4 being moved to the scout (from the support class in BF3). The scout/sniper is already very vulnerable close in and it's just a lot harder to sneak up on a tank with a pistol. My beta kill death ratio is like .7 mostly due to kamikaze style attempts to C4 tanks.
    • There are too many tanks/vehicles. I like to be rewarded for destroying a tank with a bit of a time off and the re-spawns are too fast.
    • Like the addition of the elevators to the roofs to kill the annoying snipers.
    • I like the select able zoom on the sniper rifles. I do not like the vapor trail snipers leave (as a sniper its hard to see where you bullet went when looking down a vapor trail)
    • Teamwork is encouraged with the scout laser scope working with the default engineer RPG. When you have someone spotting tanks and helis its fairly easy to damage vehicles. When you don't have a spotter is impossible to shot down aircraft (and it takes a bit to unlock the stinger that is the same as BF3 and no one ever uses it)
    • When you damage an enemy and someone in your squad kills them you also get a kill. Another reward for working together.
    • Voice chat works well when used. So far not used a lot but was great when it did. Several people with open mics and I did hear a young annoying kid once
    • You only have 5 seconds to revive teammates..... I think in BF3 you had at least 10. I hope they change that in the release.
    Last edited by Klaus; 10-15-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Battlefield 4 Digital Download PC Game Preorder $48
    Green Man Gaming has the Battlefield 4 Digital Download PC Game for pre-order for a low $48.00after Coupon Code: "TAREM-BF4NA-PROMO" (Exp Soon). No shipping or tax costs. This game sells for at least $60 elsewhere. [Compare Prices]Battlefield 4 releases on 11/1.

North and South America
    Pre-load: At least 24 hours before launch
    Game Launch: Oct 29 at 12:01AM EDT

Unlocked last night. Gameplay is much smoother compared to the beta. I have 1 crash to desktop during a map change but otherwise it played good.

I am trying to force myself to level Assault and Sniper first this time around. Boy did I take a beating last night in team death match trying to level up and get the defibrillator...I think I went 5-18 uggg.

Server patch went live today.... I was getting pretty annoyed with losing exp and unlocks due to my stats not being synced to EA.

Yeah I was locking up/crashing over 50% of the time before I updated the Vid Card drivers with the ones released on 10/31... Now I'm only crashing about 25% of the time.

I will update my drivers tonight I didn't know there were new ones. I have been getting the crash to desktop but the battlelog states I have been disconnected from the server. Not sure if that's client or server. I know a couple times it was definitely server side as I was rolled back and lost my unlocks and exp. I think I have unlocked the defibrillator 3 times now...

And BTW it's only 25pts to revive a teammate which is lame. Spotting tanks and aircraft is 100 now with the sniper so I do that a lot while waiting for targets.