Thread: Magic 2014

Thumbs up Magic 2014

So I finally learned how to play magic...

I believe this is still $9.99 on steam, well worth it.

I am really enjoying it. Just finished the campaign and played a sealed deck. Glad you learned. Will try some multi player next time you are in town.

You might know this but make sure to play some 2v2 or 1v1 single player against the AI, each win will unlock a card.

I didn't know about the 2v2 but after I finished the campaign it did start a 2 v 1 game. I was on my 7in tablet and it was hard to see so I exited. I will try it on Steam.

That might have been multi-player tho, which doesn't unlock cards afai can tell..
    Go single player > custom game > free-for-all = 1v1 or the two headed monster = 2v2, but i've had better luck winning in the 1v1 over the 2v2.

Do you control both players on your side or only your own? I did the 2v1 in campaign and I only controlled myself while my partner was computer controlled.

You only control one.. Both modes exist in both single & multiplayer. So in theory you could do multiplayer with a AI partner..

I got this a couple of days ago only because of the sealed deck feature. I didn't like the 2013 game because you couldn't customize hardly anything about your deck. The sealed deck mode in this game is fun.

I played through both sealed decks... one is extremely good and the other is so so.

I wouldn't mind playing some multiplayer if you guys want.

Wait, there is only 2 sealed deck scenarios?

I don't know if you guys know this but MTGO has actual sealed deck and draft tournaments. And if you are half way decent you can basically play for free after buying the first few packs.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
    Wait, there is only 2 sealed deck scenarios?

I don't know if you guys know this but MTGO has actual sealed deck and draft tournaments. And if you are half way decent you can basically play for free after buying the first few packs.
    Yeah right... I recall after having spent about $200 on MTGO that I never wanted to logon to that damn game again.

But yeah, there are only 2 sealed deck scenarios where you end up with 100 cards per scenario to choose from after playing through it. It's not alot, but it allows you to build a couple of decks on your own and mess around with the cards in the set a bit.