Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Simcity 5

I am not really sure you can delete a city but I think you can delete the entire region from the start screen.

You can transfer money between your cities that are within the same region (also power/water/waste/etc) but it's somewhat glitchy at the moment and takes a bit of time to complete.

I tried to add both you and Joe last night but it couldn't find either of you. Not sure if that is due to the server issues or if I have your name wrong. Mine is Klaus9000

You can abandon a city when you have negative cash flow and no money in the Treasury, it stops the game at that point and gives you 4 options, one is to abandon. Not sure otherwise.

I think the Sims friends list is based off of the Origin friends but its still buggy.

I was only an hour into it when the damn Cloverfield monster cut a nice swath of destruction through my shit...
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

Yeah so how do we start a multiplayer region and can we work on it at different times? Meaning we dont have to be all online together?
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

They need a scuttle and recycle option. Get some cash back in the bank when you demo a building, erm whole section of town...
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
    Yeah so how do we start a multiplayer region and can we work on it at different times? Meaning we dont have to be all online together?
    Just set up an area as a private invite only and then invite people on. I've only done it with people that are actively playing and accept the invite right away, no idea what happens if you invite someone offline. Pick one of the bigger areas so everyone will likely get more than one townsite.

I've started tracking the servers/area's that I want to keep working on, unfortunately the server selection only tells you if you have built something on the server before, not what you named it... And you have to quit the game to change servers which is completely fucking stupid. But at least they are adding servers, some are still full during peak times tho so you may want to go to one of the newer ones (3 or 4).

My Origin name is Jomama_AK but I think we all are friends from BF3.

I put in an enduro session last night. I like the game, i think it's a nice change of pace. I do find it fairly unpolished compared to a blizzard title, which should be no surprise. I also find it almost stressful in a weird way to play this game. I think i care to much about the individual (being a liberterian and all) i feel terrible when i have to build something over someones house! LOL

My city was mining and manufacturing. I had trouble keeping large factories open and eventually just could'nt keep up with expenses. Something about nowhere to ship freight but there was no demand for more retail so im not sure how to balance that out. I was shipping everything to the global market and still couldn't get freight demand up in any way to keep up with the factory outputs. So much for supply side econ LOL!
    Last edited by Chadwick; 03-14-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

Some things that need work:

-The graphics are not totally polished. Very glitchy.
    -The in game chat is too subtle they need an alert and the window should open automatically when somone sends an in-game msg.
    -The speed kept changingback to slow. I kept upping it to medium but it would change back quite often...
    Last edited by Chadwick; 03-19-2013 at 10:41 AM.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

I noticed the speed change too and last night was the first time I saw that. The region chat needs a fix agreed.

Here are the latest developments from hacking:

Bullet points with recent modding discoveries:

• Players have reverse engineered modding. Significant parts of the game's code is in Javascript.
    • The game can be played without an internet connection indefinitely after modding. Can only stay in one city.
    • SimCity has behavior for offline save handling. When offline, your city is saved and is uploaded to Origin the next time you go online. Offline mode seemed to be cut hastily.
    • Debug tools were left open, allowing 'griefing' other people's cities by setting DEBUG=1.
    • "Big maps" are referenced multiple times in the game's code. Possible DLC regions with big city plots? It's the only way they can increase the city size without breaking existing maps.
    • Internal terraforming tools were discovered, but requires a special build of the game.
    • Population numbers are faked / inflated - GetFudgedPopulation. chart - thanks fat_ugly_midget.
    • After modding, you can play around outside 2km2 plot, and it saves syncs to the server.
    • Latest patch has made package files read only, and disabled debug tools / the cheat console. (Confirm please, I do not own / will not support the game)

A reverse-engineered modding guide was posted on /r/simcity earlier today by /u/Plornt. Locked terraforming tools1were discovered too.
    Thanks to the power of the internet, another user on reddit has being able to build highways outside the 2km2 plot, removing the fake population inflation2, and even being able to play the game without a connection to EA's servers. In the unmodded game, you will get kicked out after 20 minutes, but now it can be trivially patched to indefinitely. Server features like region play, and save/load handling are obviously not available.
    Link:http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comm...daries/c8vbw6k
    Looking at the JS code posted on GitHub, it certainly looks like confirmed the forced disconnect is totally implemented in Javascript and is client sided. This is a really sloppy implementation of always online "DRM".
    This is indicative that offline support was hastily removed late during the development cycle. Possible EA/Maxis debate/internal conflicts?
    1: Only developer builds could actually make use of terraforming, but the UI is there. It may be for internal use only (to sell new regions as DLC?), or just buggy / clunky.
    2: The population displayed on the user interface becomes inflated after the first 500 sims. This is intentional and not a bug, as the function name is "GetFudgedPopulation". A 'million' population city only has 100,000 real agents.
    TL;DR: SimCity kicks you out after 20 minutes of being disconnected from EA servers, JavaScript mod allows you to bypass this part of the DRM.

Tip: put ur sewage outflow next to a water pump and you have a perpetual water supply, it even will turn a white area blue. Add a filter to improve it tho asap.