Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Simcity 5

Chris Kluwe@ChrisWarcraft
    The town after two days of @EA's uninterrupted horseshit service.pic.twitter.com/Zy7CPo9g7n

Last edited by Klaus; 03-07-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Some of the saved games I thought I had lost when I was disconnected from the server on Tuesday showed up last night.... Wasn't able to get on most of the night yesterday or this morning. EA is really taking a lot of heat over this - kinda hope they reverse course and drop the DRM (really their only way out of this).

lol I actually got it last night, there was a small discount through gamestop. Surprisingly fast and problem free download & install. Started late (like 1pm cst) so servers prob werent being taxed but I pretty much had my choice of 1 of the 2 east & west coast servers.

Pretty fun, but my street layouts sucked, need to work on that.

Yeah the street layout is the hardest part. Especially, when you want medium and high density housing and you need to upgrade the streets. I also found that police and fire have response time issues if you have weird streets which is quite realistic.

I have been on US west 1 fyi

Yeah I never saw you playing... I got addicted fast, and this is one of those time warp games... Easy to let 8 hours fly by and all of a sudden its 5 am... Fun though for sure.

I was at the cabin this weekend but I will be on this week.

Yeah, Michelle played last week for what seemed like a couple hours and.... boom she says "it's been six hours since we started it's bed time"

I am starting to figure out good road design after 5 cities. You really need to think about how you want your city to be after several hours of play - I had one city much like the circle city above that had a really bad traffic issue that resulted in me having to demo the area and start over.

Ya know i have to wonder if it is not intentional that EA make games with flaws. I think they have a very planned out "there is no such thing as bad press". Look at all the buzz created about their game. Hell, it got people talking if nothing else. I plan to buy the game eventually here, and part of the reason is all the exposure it got keeping it in the forefront of my mind and reading reviews etc.

Obviously timing has everything to do with game and movie releases...so i know they often have to push the game out before it is finished to get peoples dollars before other companies (blizzard SC2 exp).
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

The overtaxed server thing I kinda understand. Even with alpha and beta access, I get a company not wanting to spend $$ on a bunch of servers that may not be needed if the release isn't as big, and then expanding.. But the DRM req'd internet connection stuff with a game that is predominately single player is pretty fucking absurd.

I tried it a little bit and of course my first one was a disaster but i didnt do a whole lot of bulldozing and re-development. I just quit. So...first question...how do you delete a game/city?
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph