Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Simcity 5

Default Simcity 5

Think I might pick this up on origin tonight...

Did you try it. I've never played a Sim but thought about trying this one. Post what server you pick.

I did buy it but it didn't unlock until 2am last night so I haven't played yet. I will see what server I get on and can create a map we can both play on.

Played for a bit last night. Quick review:

Bad stuff:
    EA has decided that you must be connected to the internet to use this game which is pretty lame when there are only 3 US servers. Sometimes you need to wait to login.

The launch was done very poorly because EA would not allow you to pre-load the game and when it unlocked a million people tried to download it at the same time (good news is it was under a gig in size)

Gameplay:
    Thankfully the game is much like the Simcity of old. You put roads in and zone areas to residential/commercial/industrial people quickly come and build. Graphics are good and street level views are pretty interesting. It looks like there isn't quite as much micromanagement as the older versions... you still need to watch your electrical and sewer grids but it seems to auto connect everything you just need to make sure you have enough power plants etc. Once you hit certain milestones like a population amount it will suggest you add a cityhall etc and that makes people happy. Pretty fun so far.

When you start you pick a region map that includes 5 or so starting areas. If you play with friends you can invite them to your region and they can build on one of the starting areas also. The starting areas are actually pretty small compared to the old SimCity and I in 30 minutes of play got to the edge. It looks like the idea is to work with other cities and sell your excess power etc. So I guess you have built in expansion areas for your cities. Overall pretty fun but I haven't played too much.

NEW RELEASE - Sim City Game (PC Digital Download) $47.99
    Gamefly has the newly released Sim City Game (PC Digital Download) for a low $47.99after 20% off Coupon Code: "GFDMAR20" (Exp Soon). No Tax.This game just released today, 3/5. Check out IGN's review in progress HERE.

Yeah after reading some reviews i'm gonna wait, I'm sure the price will be sub $40 in 6 months. I doubt I'd get a easy download through origin anyway, its only ever caused me problems...

Yeah I figured you would wait. It's probably a $30-40 game unless you are into simulations. Michelle liked Simcity 2004 so we are going to play together (how sweet) making it worth full price.

Fucking EA.. unbelievable. Once again, launching a product as finished that has all the bugs and issues of an untested beta...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...mcity-servers/

"Hey we didn't prepare for a proper launch, so we're going to disable features in our game that customers paid for so they will be able to actually play the game they paid for..."

Noooooo stuck on LLama speed.......

I was able to play last night for 4 hours so it's not completely a fail but yeah it's pretty bad. I bet I won't be able to get connected tonight to play a single player game.

Yeah the #1 reason I'm waiting is, i have no confidence once I pay for it I will actually be able to download, install and update the game successfully... Much less connect to a N.A. server.

I have more probs with Bioware's (EA) SWTOR launcher/updater and BF3 updates than all other games combined... ever..