Was checking a forum on Saturday and found out the Hopper 3 was released. I called late Saturday night and was surprised to learn that I could get installation noon on Sunday.... so I set it up.

Straight forward install (and removal of DirecTv dish etc). I guess the Hopper 3 system is a new single line system (like Direct) and installation is much easier for the tech. I had the choice of East or West Arc Satellites depending on where I wanted the dish mounted. I put it where the Direct dish was and it pointed more south but pretty much the same.

I have 4 HDTVs so in addition to the Hopper I got a wireless Joey (pretty neat that I can move that to the garage etc) and 2 4K Joeys. The 4K Joeys are new also and they have a fast processor/RAM and nice interface. The CSR did not want to give me the 4K Joeys at first but then I lied and said I had 3 4K TVs. CSR stated that the 4K Joey will not work unless it's hooked to a 4K TV.... not true works just fine on a 1080 HDTV.

First impressions: Love the fast guide on the 4K Joey and Hopper 3. Direct was laggy and annoying. 16 tuners is crazy and I will try out the primetime anytime feature this week. If it's true that it auto skips commercials if you watch programming 24 after it airs that's incredible. I tried Dishanywhere inside and outside of the house on iPad and laptop. I was able to control my DVR and watch live and DVR content - which is really nice. Moving content from DVR to iPad for offline watching is my next test.

Only glitches I have had so far are attempting to schedule DVR recording from the website and I hate that it defaults to "record all episodes" instead of "record new episodes only". I scheduled the XFiles and I see it's already recorded 10 hours of repeats.... annoying (and I get an error on the website when I attempt to switch it).