Thread: DirecTV

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good info. I will probably call both providers and DirecTv and get quotes. I did like the new Dish hardware that was rolled out at CES and might wait for that. Hopper 3

The Hopper 3 gives you the power to watch and record 16 programs at once. So you can say goodbye to tuner conflicts and record everything you’ve ever wanted, all at the same time.

• WATCH & RECORD PROGRAMS AT ONCE
    • BUILT-IN ULTRA HD RESOLUTION
    • CUSTOMIZABLE MOSAIC ALLOWS YOU TO WATCH OF YOUR FAVORITE CHANNELS ON 1 TV SCREEN
    • BUILT-IN AND INTEGRATED
      SEARCH
    However, I don't have 4K and don't plan to get into for a few year due to nothing (except a few Netflix show) being shot in it yet.

I don't mind the idea of having a Dish and I think our realignment might have had something to do with a chair blowing into it (it's mounted on our porch). Rain in the distance will drop the signal but it's not often.

My Dad just signed up for the CenturyLink TV Luke mentioned but it's not installed yet to test how well it works.

I prefer the OnDemand stuff be served from the internet because I have no limit but DirecTv's server must be slow because it comes over really slow and buffers. I pay for 100mb Comcast and it's really fast but not for on demand stuff. I have called a couple times and they have done testing but won't admit it's their problem.
    Last edited by Klaus; 01-14-2016 at 01:54 PM.