Thread: Infestation: Survivor Stories (WarZ)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Infestation: Survivor Stories (WarZ)

Joe sent me a 24 hour pass on Saturday night and I tried out the beta for the last couple days. Interesting concept of a game but with some annoying side effects. Basically it's a Zombie first person shooter but within a MMO world. 70 player servers. You start with a small back pack that contains a can of coke and a bag of chips plus a flash light. Your main goal is to survive in a large map of a area in Colorado. You watch your hunger and thirst bars and drink and eat when you need to. If you come across a house you go room to room looking for food and water and possibly a weapon. You can dodge zombies and even attack them with your flashlight until they die in approx 200 hits (annoyance #1). If you come across another player you can team up with them or try to stay back. Problem is that 90% of the time the other player will kill you. And they are rewarded with all the stuff you have picked up. AND you are locked out of the game for 1 hour (hard core mode it's 24 hours). So you learn quickly to stay away from other "survivors" which is probably pretty realistic. Problem is once a unfriendly player gets an assault rifle and starts hunting the map I find it hard to stay alive. I never did find anything for defense except a bat once.

I think the concept is pretty cool but I don't think it would hold my attention for long with all the player killing etc. I think they should change it to at least not give the pk all your stuff to reduce the temptation to just find other players to kill instead of fighting the zombies etc. Still it's only $15 and might be worth a try.

http://www.thewarz.com/

War-Z_S02.jpg
    Last edited by Klaus; 06-24-2013 at 08:26 AM.