Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Election

Default Election

Just had to post this LOL

It would be funny if it wasnt true.

And they make atheists vote in church.

edit: My point is just that sometimes you have to use the venue that's available. I'd imagine they knew who the guy on the wall was before they got there.
    Last edited by Grafton; 11-07-2012 at 08:46 AM.
    The artist formely known as Keion

Quote Originally Posted by Grafton View Post
    And they make atheists vote in church.

edit: My point is just that sometimes you have to use the venue that's available. I'd imagine they knew who the guy on the wall was before they got there.
    Not exactly the same thing....in case you weren't aware campaigning in poling places is illegal.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

No, not exactly the same, just a comment on venue availability. But I'd guess that's a mural from his 2008 win. If I'm wrong, let me eat my words.

Of course, with that said, wouldn't have been that hard to put a big American flag overtop the mural, right? Your point is well taken that campaigning inside is and should be illegal.

We have once again proven that the vast majority of the citizens regularly shit the bed. It’s not even a left or right thing. If you are given a job for four years with these expected tasks and you fail to meet any of them, and actually go 180 degrees you should not have the job. I am ashamed of the religious right guys “however you use the word rape it never is going to come out ok”. I am equality embarrassed by things that failed like voter ID in the fine state of MN, you need an ID to cash your government check, or buy name brand cigarettes with your EBT card, and you need one to vote. Yet the troglodytes who vote in Minnesota prove once again that we shit the bed with the rest of them.

The only saving grace is that there will be gridlock and hopefully I want to see who flinches first or what we do when we go over the edge? This will be a two year double epic failure, and should shift the makeup once again. Maybe we can see a real rise of a true third party, one that takes from both the left and the right. Maybe a true libertarian party, not some nut bag Ron Paul shit, but a legitimate group. Get the fiscally conservative people from both sides, and you remove the bleeding heart liberals and the zealots from the right. The party would be compromised of centralists who are fiscally concerned and socially don’t give a damn what you do.

It’s too good to be true, we’ll need to suffer through 12-20 years of one part in control before it would work. There are no allies to a rogue group, and there is little money. The fiscal cliff is looming, we get some built in austerity, but if we trigger those events will that light the fuse on the hyperinflation time bomb?

Very well put together post. I heard last night that you guys spent 2 years and 3 Billion dollars on this election, only to end up in the exact same place you were. That kinda hurts.

I have NO idea why voter ID is an issue. That's ridiculous to me. Here you need a photo ID and I'd be worried if you didn't. How do these people buy booze or get on an airplane? I'm sorry, but if you're capable of leaving the house to vote, you can go down to the DMV and get an ID card. I don't understand the debate on the other side at all.

I hope you guys do figure out a way to get a fiscally conservative 3rd party going, and you're right, not with a nutjob like Ron Paul running it. I don't really have much of a vested interest in your politics down there, but it's certainly interesting, and a strong US economy is good for Canada to be sure. Cut out the hippies and the bible thumpers and you'll be good to go.

So Monkey got gas on election day for 3.08 a gallon, I got gas today for 3.33 a gallon.... Hmpf the DOW has droped ~450 in two days. its not hope and change, its now Forward, forward to what the Weimar Republic ? lets see how that ends up?

I guess the only thing that really bums me out is the expiration of the Bush tax cuts and the marriage penalty coming back. It will be another "first" ticket for the Democrats in 4 year with Hillary I am sure... yawn. I do want the Republicans to get their shit together over the next 4-8 years because fiscally I agree with their policies it's just every election is about social issues that don't matter when the economy is in the shitter.

The realty is we either fall of the cliff or kick the can along the edge to a higher part of the cliff. Eventually we will fall. It's just a matter of time at this point.

I think we could have turned things around somewhere in 2008-2010 but i think we are too far gone in the debt and entitlement areas now.

Canada or Australia are looking really good right about now.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph