Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Avatar

Just got back from the IMAX - badass movie. Effects are years ahead of other movies.

Check this out if you have seen the movie.
    ( Click to show/hide )

I lol'ed :P

This movie was pretty much amazing. Most epic movie I remember seeing since Independance Day (in the theatres, not now). I didn't even notice how long the movie was. The Dark Knight was amazing but the last 15 minutes I was like OMFG SHUT UP.

The final battle in this movie is the best continuous action scene possibly in recent memory. The only thing I can think of that compares is the last action scene of the Matrix Trilogy where the robots are attacking Zion and Neo is fighting Smith all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    ...Revolutionizing the way we watch movies? Come on now...
    I take it back. This movie will absolutely change the way that we watch movies in the future.

If the goal of a movie maker is to make the audience forget that they're watching a movie, Cameron has succeeded on all levels. I can't tell you the number of times I caught myself staring at the screen, mouth slack in complete awe at what I was watching. I'm surprised I wasn't drooling.

The story was predictable enough, but was still well executed. I was too engrossed in the effects, environment, scenery, hell, even the Na'avi were phenomenal. I thought they were going to come across cheesy and silly, but they were...well dammit, they were just perfect. The ships, mechs, wildlife, and battle sequences were off the charts, but the subtle things made this movie an excellent one for me. The UI of the computers for example, and yes, I know I'm a geek for paying attention to this stuff. But there was one sequence where a technician plugged a tablet PC into a desk mounted system, dragged and dropped a block of data from the desk system onto the tablet and then disconnected the tablet and walked away with the tablet showing the new data. Took seconds, was totally of minor importance but I was like "O M G that was so cool"... The UI for the ships, the mechs...everything was just stellar.

I loved it, and even though the IMAX was phenomenal, I want to go see it on a regular 3-D screen because with IMAX I spent so much time looking around to try and see everything that I know I missed things. On a regular size screen I imagine that the 3-D would still be sweet and I'd be able to see more.

I remember people saying when they first saw it that they wished they mad bigger eyes because there is so much going on in every single scene that you just can't take it all in. Again I laughed because come on, really? But it's true...the movie is just packed with stuff...incredible.

I'm not sure you can even rank this movie on the same scale because it's more of an event than a movie. Was excellent...and when it breaks Titanic's all time record (today probably), I'll be happy that I was able to see it in the theater. And probably will be going again next week because I can't let the wife miss this one...

5/5 ... 900 out of 5 actually

I saw it on the 3d imax. I think that's pretty much the only way to see this one. I would go see it again that way too. I really enjoyed it.

It was better than Cats.....I want to see it again and again!

LOL

lol! good one. it's so funny how both movies pretty much tell the same story.

I really dug it too. Never noticed how long it was