Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Borderlands 2 $36

Default Borderlands 2 $36

Green Man Gaming is offering 25% off select game after Coupon Code: "GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G" (Exp 9/17).Below are some current new release or pre-order games that don't get discounted often:

• Borderlands 2 (PC Digital Download, Releases 9/18) $36.00 after code

Last edited by Klaus; 09-11-2012 at 10:11 AM.

What is the attraction here? Looks kinda dumb to me.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

Good question. I am not 100% sold that I will like this game but for $35 I will try it. My understanding is that you play it like a first person coop game. You level up and unlock skills as you travel around with your friends. Joe will have better info he played the first one.

You're dumb..

I didn't play the first one, but it was hugely popular, and BL2 is getting exceptional reviews from basically everyone (except Chad)..

Its a FPS with elements of an RPG, w/co-op and a completely unique look to it. Great story (humor) and dialog. The RPG influence ads a variability not found in other fps. There are 4 classes but then each class has 3 skill trees. There is a random weapon generator so everyone is not running around with the same guns. There are literally thousands of weapons avail.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    You're dumb..
    NO! YOU!!!

good grief...lol
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

/popcorn
    Boondock

I missed the $36 GMG deal but then they had another deal yesterday for $38.40, still pretty good, but you have to find the right bank or CC that will send payment to GMG since they are overseas.

I played a little last night, pretty fun, looks great, and the little companion robot has some humorous dialog (a'la Portal).. The inventory system seems a bit clunky, but its cool that you can swap weapons mid fight when you run out of ammo, but its going to be a pita to track which are the best weapons to keep and which to throw away, bunch of the pistols look the same..

I started with the guy that can deploy turrets (forgot the name already).

This is probably the first digital game I have bought where installation went w/out error and I actually got the game to work on the release day...

How's it look? I downloaded but with moving I might not get to log on for a couple days.

Its like being in a comic book for lack of a better example... Great colors and shading, etc.. TF2 on steroids.

When you get killed, you get a chance to "revive" yourself too, everything goes black and white, and if you can get 1 more kill before a time bar drains, you don't die. And even if you do die, and you were last saved farther back on the map, you don't have to re-kill something you already did. So if a boss involves 2 elites (or w/e you want to call them) and you only killed 1 before you died, when you try again the one you killed will still be dead.

Boss's were tough too, both times I died, and these are at like level 2 and 4 or something... Co-op is going to be very helpful.

Started the mission when I got home - having some crashes and not sure why. I will attempt to play again later.