A month ago I picked up the new direct from Google Nexus 7in tablet. I enjoy reading on my 10 in tablet but found after holding it for short periods of time my arms got tired. The weight of the N7 is super light and it has a really nice rubberized back that helps you grip it with one hand. I find reading on this device easy and my arms don't get tired. My quick review:

Pros:

$199 for the 8gb version + $25 credit in the Google market + $10 free cash in your Google wallet account (can be used at Best Buy, McDonald's, BP gas, or Home Depot) = $165 for a quad core tablet.

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean - Google really wanted to make 4.1 as smooth as the iPad and I believe they did. The swiping and animations are really nice and a big upgrade over 3.0 (Honeycomb) and 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).

Quad core Tegra 3 power. 12 Graphics cores - games are smooth and load fast.

Display - 7” 1280x800 HD display (216 ppi) Back-lit IPS display. That's pretty close to the iPad retina.

Other- GPS, wireless N, Bluetooth, 4325 mAh (Up to 8 hours of active use)

Cons:

NFC (near field communications) can be used at retailers like Best Buy but who want's to whip out a 7in tablet to pay for their stuff.... A phone is a much better idea.

No expandable storage - you are stuck with either 8gb or 16gb of storage. I would have liked a SD card slot.

Phone UI - The standard UI is like a large phone. It has grown on me but I think I still prefer the tablet UI like Honeycomb. For a 7in tablet that gets held most of the time in portrait mode it's fine.

Overall - I think for under $199 you will not find a better tablet. The Kindle Fire is a POS compared to the N7. You can get 2.5 of these for the same price as a decent new iPad but they really are in different classes. I can't see doing a ton of work related things on a 7in tablet. It's about consuming information not creating. I do like how portable and light it is - I don't hesitate to bring it into a restaurant (I wouldn't consider bring my 10 in tablet - too large). And if I lose it or damage it..... $199 isn't a big deal compared to a $800 laptop or $600 ipad. Definitely, I recommend this tablet.