Last day to get Win 8 upgrade cheap. I have forced myself to use Win8 at work and it's "decent" and I have upgraded my earlier beta review to say it's worth upgrading XP to Win8 but Win 7 is a toss up. You get some nice features but basically it's Win 7 without a start menu and a tablet style launcher. $39 might be worth an upgrade from 7 but $100 forget about it.

EXPIRING Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Operating System (UPGRADE) $39.99 Download
Upgrade before the price goes up. Microsoft Store has the Microsoft Windows 8 Professional 64-bit Software (Upgrade Version) for a low $39.99 Digital Download. Tax in Many States. Goes for $65+ elsewhere. [Compare Prices]UPDATE: The price for Windows 8 Pro, is expected to rise to $200 and Windows 8 Home to $119, so definitely upgrade now before the price goes up.
Note that this is for the UPGRADE version, not the FULL version. What this means is that you only need to have a working, licensed copy of XP, Vista, or Windows 7 to use this software. If you do have a working copy, however, you can still choose to do a complete, clean re-install if you don't want to save your data or settings.