Default Win8 Fact or Fiction.

Here is the start.

http://mashable.com/2012/06/18/micro...Surface-Tablet

1. New OS
    2. New Tablet
    3. New Phone
    4. Xbox 720
    5. New Hardware

Surface tablet looks nice. It's another iPad killer! Looks like the same high end market - will be interesting to see how it does against the iPad and the ultrabooks.

Will I be able to play Xbox on it with this new SkyGlass or whatever its called?

Edit: Jalexi you still owe me 200 dollars.
    Last edited by kwiikz; 06-24-2012 at 04:06 PM.

I agree with this take on the reason MS didn't announce pricing on the tablet.... (Google Nexus Tablet with high spec @$199)

Robert ScobleYesterday 8:35 PM - Public
    Now we know why Microsoft rushed its tablet announcement last week

This is why Microsoft didn't announce a price for its Surface tablet last week. Imagine if they had announced a $399 price. This week that will look incredibly lame. It is very clear that Microsoft has to get under the $200 price point with its tablets. I've been saying that the ballsy thing for Ballmer to do would be to price it at $99. People have been telling me I'm nuts, but that's really what it's going to take to get Windows RT taken seriously by anyone.

Microsoft's shareholders aren't gonna like that at all. Remember how it cost Microsoft about $10 billion to build the Xbox brand? I do. Microsoft is going to have to spend $20 to $30 billion to marketshare here. That means a $99 tablet. If Microsoft tries to price against iPad it'll fail and fail horribly.

Bloomberg is reporting that Google is in fact planning to show off a $199, Nexus-branded Asus tablet at its I/O developer conference this week. The 7-inch tablet has been rumored for months, and will reportedly be the first device to show off Google’s new Jelly Bean operating system. Two days ago Gizmodo Australia posted images and specs it claims to have gleaned from a training manual, claiming the device will have a 1280 x 800 display, a 1.3GHz Tegra 3 processor with its 12-core GeForce GPU, and 1GB of RAM. While the news is definitely interesting, it's not official until Google gives the word, so be sure to check back tomorrow for up-to-the-second liveblog coverage of I/O.

Look for a Nook Win8 at that price point. MS didn't toss some money to barnes and noble for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by kwiikz View Post
    Edit: Jalexi you still owe me 200 dollars.
    Yeah me too. Plus interest brings it to $226.93
    Boondock

Last day to get Win 8 upgrade cheap. I have forced myself to use Win8 at work and it's "decent" and I have upgraded my earlier beta review to say it's worth upgrading XP to Win8 but Win 7 is a toss up. You get some nice features but basically it's Win 7 without a start menu and a tablet style launcher. $39 might be worth an upgrade from 7 but $100 forget about it.

EXPIRING Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Operating System (UPGRADE) $39.99 Download
    Upgrade before the price goes up. Microsoft Store has the Microsoft Windows 8 Professional 64-bit Software (Upgrade Version) for a low $39.99 Digital Download. Tax in Many States. Goes for $65+ elsewhere. [Compare Prices]UPDATE: The price for Windows 8 Pro, is expected to rise to $200 and Windows 8 Home to $119, so definitely upgrade now before the price goes up.
    Note that this is for the UPGRADE version, not the FULL version. What this means is that you only need to have a working, licensed copy of XP, Vista, or Windows 7 to use this software. If you do have a working copy, however, you can still choose to do a complete, clean re-install if you don't want to save your data or settings.